Combination (Protection Pt. 5)

Fang POV
"Protector, I am Lodestar. Your secret has just been unveiled, but I am ready to help you to protect it. With the new powers of replication that I'm giving you, you shall show the world that the secret you hold dear will never be released to evil!" Lodestar commanded, an evil tone built into his voice.

"No...No...you're the evil I'm trying to protect the secret from! I...will...never...obey you!" Byron panted, shaking his head desperately as he tried to reject the avinia.

"Guardian, take this offer now, or the Ky—" Lodestar was cut off as a slim figure leaped up and tackled him, sending both of them tumbling into the bushes. There was a bright flash—Lodestar must have detransformed! Then another flash appeared, and this time a purple doorway opened in the sky, and a blue-and-purple figure leaped out.

"Heroes, I am Polystar," the woman said. "In my universe, your Kyras are being used for bad, and everything in the world is going wrong! I need you to give me your Kyras so that I can make a wish and repair everything! It'll be quick."

Everyone else was ready to trust her except for me. I had an odd feeling that this person was planning something—and I was right. A golden talon tattoo rested on her left cheek, and instantly it reminded me of someone.

"Vikana!" I snarled. I blasted a bolt at her, and she leaped aside, snarling annoyance. The purple doorway, likely a Vika, flashed as Lodestar must have stepped through it.

"Protector, I am Polystar. You need to help me obtain these Kyras once and for all, so I'll give you the powers that you need. To aid you in your mission, I'll give you the Vika—" Polystar was cut off as she coughed loudly, nearly collapsing. It looked like she was very sick, and terribly exhausted. I felt a pang of pity for her before I realised that she was working for evil—she didn't deserve sympathy. It was high time we took back what had been stolen.

"Everyone, recharge your Kyras! I'll get Polystar!" I transmitted, leaping towards the fallen villain. Her eyes widened with fear, but at the last moment a purple gateway appeared below her feet and she sunk out of sight. And as she disappeared, a new villain appeared.

"Master Byron!" Gimmi gasped as a figure wearing silver, gold and bronze armour rose up, carrying a spiked broadsword.

"No," he corrected. "I am Protector now."