The Kyras (Beginnings Pt. 1)

Fang POV
The six of us were sitting in our room and discussing dinner plans when Jessie looked up and turned pale. "Um guys...what is that?" she whispered nervously.

All of us turned towards the direction in which she was pointing, only to find some sort of white, black and gold portal swirling in front of us.

No one knew what would happen next—all of us stared at the portal, transfixed. Then suddenly, six odd-looking creatures emerged from it and all of us flinched back.

"What are they?" I asked everyone, wielding a saber from my fencing sessions during martial arts class.

To my surprise, one of them responded, "We are the Kyras of the Ancient Times, and we really need your help. The six of you are the chosen ones."

The kind-hearted, albeit a bit confused, Janet asked, "Well, how can we help?"

"First, let me explain our backstory..." another Kyra responded.

"Back in the ancient times, the seven of us were used to do good. But one day, an ancient sorcerer who called himself Lodestar tried to grab three of us. Gimmi, Evex and Vinjo. There was a legend that if anyone united the three of us, they would be the most powerful person in all the galaxy.

Lodestar, who craved for power, managed to get his hands on us, but luckily the ancient holder of Tokki blasted him away with her watery powers. Lodestar was never seen again, but just as a precaution, when the last holder of the seventh Kyra died, all of us hid in an ancient cave just below the earth of your school.

We had been asleep for a thousand years when we lost one of our number. Vinjo was captured by someone just hours ago, and this new villain is also called Lodestar. He is also planning to unite the three Kyras and will stop and nothing to do so. Now, we need your help to get Vinjo back before Lodestar captures all of us."

"Whoa..." Leon murmured, enchanted by the story. "We would really like to help, but how can we? We don't have ANY powers whereas Lodestar has Vinjo's powers—whatever he can do..."

"Which is why it is time for introductions!" the red-orange Kyra responded. Flames rippled across his tiny body and orange light swirled around him. "I am Jaek-o (잭오), the Kyra of Asia. I hold the powers to control all forms of fire and I belong to Colette. When she calls for me, she will turn into Pyral."

Colette instantly turned into Pyral, with flames rippling down her body, her hands holding fireballs and wearing a long red-orange suit. Her hair was redone to make her look like a stylish male and her transformation finished in an explosion of orange light.

An ice-blue Kyra with frost swirling around her stepped up. "I am Tokki, the Kyra of Oceania. I hold the powers to control all water, including ice, frost, snow, hail and water vapour. I belong to Janet—when she summons me, she transforms into Hydro."

Janet was decked in a long diamond-studded gown, with water gushing downwards. She was enveloped in bluish light, which faded to show her entire form encased in ice.

"I am Marco, the Kyra of Europe. I hold the powers of energy. I will morph Jessie into Psionio when she summons me." a glimmering Kyra announced.

A halo of white energy smothered Jessie, parting to reveal her in a white-pink suit that ended in glittery sneakers. Balls of energy circled around her fingertips and her eyes shone with pure light.

"Lastly, I am Trix, the Kyra of Antarctica. I hold the powers of travel and enable my holder to teleport anywhere, even through time. I was the most powerful Kyra before the unison of Gimmi, Vinjo and Evex was discovered. Leon, my holder shall henceforth turn into Teleto." a purple Kyra with pulsing light around him declared.

Leon morphed into a tall, striking form wearing a blue and yellow suit with a midnight-blue cape trailing behind him. Blonde hair sat on his head, crackling with blue light.

"Well, now we know what colour your hair is, Leon! Or should I say, Teleto..." Psionio(Jessie) laughed.

"This isn't my actual hair colour, Jessie. The original is brown." Teleto answered, cracking a smile.