Trust (Oblivion Pt. 2)

Fang POV
"Ugh, you got his secret..." Summoner snarled, "so he's basically useless. But trust me, I am not."

A million golden objects rained down from the sky. And they were, for sure, real. Puffs of burnt smoke rose from the fallen objects, making us all choke.

Suddenly, a giant thorny wall materialised before me, and I skidded backwards. But I soon realised it was yet another illusion.

"Oh, come on!" I shouted with impatience. It was difficult to tell between what was real and what was not. As if he had read my mind, Summoner laughed, "That's the point of Oblivio—to distract you as I take your Kyras!" He finished with a leap towards me.

I leaped aside, trying to dodge Summoner's deadly blows as I respected with my own. Then a snarling monster appeared behind me, causing me to shriek in fear. I turned back to find Summoner's hand swishing through the air. But luckily, Teleto came to the rescue yet again.

"Voyage!" I dropped beside Teleto. "Thanks..." I breathed. As Summoner sprang towards us and we reappeared on yet another roof, I decided, "Someone needs to take Oblivio down first. His illusion nearly made me lose Gimmi."

"Yeah, but everyone else already is. And they're not succeeding!" Teleto told me, pointing to the other four who were trying to dodge Oblivio's annoying illusions.

"They don't trust their own brains and think the illusions are real," I mumbled, facepalming as we teleported away from the furious Summoner yet again, eliciting an angry growl. "I think it's time for me to deal with him myself."

"Moonshot, Pyral, Hydro, Psionio, you guys deal with Summoner! I'll fight Oblivio myself!" I yelled to the four of them. The four quickly turned on Summoner, who was chasing after us. With an angry growl, Summoner turned back to face them as I chased after Oblivio.

Trust yourself, I thought as I ran after Oblivio. A million illusions stood in my way, but I trusted myself and ran through them. They aren't real, I told myself. To beat Oblivio, all you need is to trust yourself.

I fearlessly swiped my lightning bolts through the illusions, believing in the power of my own trust. As I advanced on the magician, he cowered in fear, knowing he was beaten.

"Enough illusions for you, Oblivio!" I grabbed his wand and smashed it to pieces. "Now, Teleto!" I called to the hero, who had just renewed his Second Chance. Oblivio dropped into a portal, screaming as he fell until he hit a pile of rubble with a sickening crunch.

Remembering that Oblivio wasn't a human being, I turned away from the unsightly scene of the Vika pinned under a gigantic wall that Summoner had conjured earlier.

Meanwhile, I turned back to Summoner, who was battling four of the heroes at once. Millions of random objects had been conjured around the battlefield, with more flying toward the heroes who responded with attacks of their own.

"So fast, Astro?" Hydro asked me as she blasted waves of water at Summoner.

I answered, "What did I tell you? The key is trust."