700 Special : Meanings (Migration Pt. 4)

Fang POV
"No! Jessie roared in our brain, but yelled out loud, "Pulse Field!"

Thankfully, a glowing white dome flared to life seconds before the arrows struck, sparking off the shield uselessly. Homer went back to snarling angrily as the force field unleashed a thousand Pulses on her, solidifying her body slowly.

"Ok, we need a plan..." we murmured. "I think we've got it!" we yelled as one.

"Pulse Field, shrink!" we commanded, leaving the Pulse Field to only surround Byron.

"Stay there, master. We'll get you soon," Marco told him between nibbles of food.

When Marco had finally recharged, we thought, Time to put the plan in action!

Four move hands morphed out of our glowing shape, each holding one special power. Homer looked frightened by the sudden metamorphosis, flinging twenty arrows or so towards us. Dodging it swiftly, we hurled the Fulmination Bolt at Homer, he twisted weirdly to dodge it. But we had already anticipated her moves, slamming a sphere of Nightsand at the villain.

"NO! No! No. No..." Homer's shouts faded slowly as her nightmares took over her. But she struggled to stand up, firing a thousand deadly arrows towards us. "Voyage, Pulse Field!" we yelled. As we sank into a portal, a glowing cage surrounded the fallen villain.

"No! Let me out of here!" Homer pounded against the cage furiously with her arrows, which all got shocked by the crackling electricity. Soon, dents had formed in the force field, just like when Unleasher tried to break through them.

And she succeeded.

Not wanting that to happen again, we laughed, "Looks like that isn't enough, is it? Well...Hydro-blinds!"

Homer was encased in water, screaming furiously as she pounded against the never-relenting streams. In her confusion, we teleported in and pulled her out, save for her bow and arrow. "Everblaze, unleash yourself!" we smiled as we slammed the orange flames against the ground, leaving a trail of flames in our wake. Soon the entire force field was on fire, sending the avinia flying out.

Homer groaned as she returned to her original self, the blond girl who never missed a shot.

"Piper, are you alright?" we asked her.

As she opened her eyes, she thanked us, "Yeah, I am! Thanks for the h—whoa! Why are all of you merged together?"

"Not much, we were fighting you. You had become a villain named Homer. And that was exactly how your powers were," we laughed, capturing the avinia with a stream of water. It fell into the same drawstring bag as the golden talon had.

"Come, let's go back to your class," we let her through the portal.

<*~*>

"Well?" I asked as Byron looked up from examining the previous avinias, the avinia we had just captured and the golden talon that had dropped from the bow before it.

"I can't tell much about these avinias and talon-things, but I already have one troubling theory in mind," Byron admitted, dread trailing from his tone.

"What is it?" Hydro asked curiously. I wasn't sure whether I wanted to know.

Thanks to Hydro's powers, we had froze the avinias and the golden talon in a thin layer of ice, effectively immobilising them for a while. As Byron pointed at the frozen figures, I felt a chill run down my back. Something told me this wasn't any normal thing that was comical. This was dangerous.

"Do you see the difference between these avinias?" Byron asked us.

I was the first to notice it, telling everyone, "The previous avinias have a faint golden tinge on the tip of their wings. But this new one is just pure white, like the one that came out from Sunken Chest the very first time."

"Oh yeah," Leon observed, feeding Trix. "They do!"

"I don't think this means Lodestar's powers evolved," Byron told everyone in a hushed voice. "I think it means that the original avinia merged with whatever this golden talon is. Hydro, melt the pure avinia and talon. I need to try something."

Clicking her fingers, Hydro made the ice disappear. Byron quickly grabbed the avinia and the talon before they drifted away, slamming the two together forcefully.

At first nothing happened. Then everyone stared on in shock as a gold flash blinded the room, and a gold tinge slowly spread up the avinia's spine to the very tip of the wings, morphing into the other avinias that had come from the previous villains.

"You know what this means?" Byron asked silently, as if he was afraid someone outside was eavesdropping.

Everyone shook their head, wondering what it could be. But no one knew how shocking the revelation would be.

Byron finished dramatically, "It means that Lodestar has another Kyra."

A/N 5:
Originally, I wasn't planning on revealing Penny's help to Lodestar and a secret eighth Kyra, Lyrii, at the end of Convalescence (Oblivion Pt. 4). But that revelation, as well as this chapter about the heroes finding out about a possible eighth Kyra, is a gift to my dear readers! Thank you for taking the time out of your long day to read this terrible book( it's my first one and I don't really know how to write)! I hope that you will continue reading, sharing and enjoying this book!

Cheering you on to 700 Reads,
NobodyBS 😃