Longing (New Feelings Pt. 6)

Edgar POV
Yet again, my phone rang with a text. "Come on, it can't be Britney again, right?" I wondered out loud.

After slight hesitation, I picked it up. Upon seeing the name of the person sending me the text, I heaved a sigh of relief. It was Fang! He was asking me to meet him at the AstraCafe, Room 205. Wondering what this was about, I hurried down.

On the way, I brainstormed topics. One in particular appeared time and time again. Could this be about Janet?

I met Leon, Jessie and Colette on the way. Apparently, they had gotten the same text message. Nervously, I nudged the door open, only to find the room dancing with candlelight and enveloped in roses.

"What's this about?" I asked Fang and Janet who were glancing at us from the table. Janet immediately responded with the whole story.

When she finished, we congratulated them excitedly. "It's so good that you guys are together!" I cheered. Colette added, "You guys make the perfect couple!" She quickly snapped a photo of them and stuck it in her scrapbook, offering another copy to Fang and Janet. Janet happily grabbed it and tenderly kept it in her pocket.

We spent the rest of the night celebrating with them. As Colette and I made our way back to our room, Colette admitted, "I'm a bit envious of them, actually. I've been trying to find love for years and years, but just no one is interested in being with me. They find me odd."

"It's okay, Colette," I consoled her, "You'll definitely find someone who cherishes you one day. For a start, I appreciate your presence..."

"Thanks, Edgar," Colette hugged me and went to take a shower.

When I glanced at Britney's message yet again, I found myself thinking of Britney wanting to date me and Fang and Janet dating. Actually, I felt a little envious too. I may have thought that I wanted to concentrate on my studies first, but I found my teenage emotions overwhelming me.

Over the next few days, I felt drowned in longing. I yearned to find someone great for me. Was I ever going to find the one?