Lunch : Complaints, Plans and Annoyance (Monday Blues Pt. 3)

Fang POV
"Hey, Janet! Over here!" I called as I saw the familiar tall girl striding along the aisles. She quickly took a seat and said, "Have you ordered yet?"

I told her I had. Janet quickly took a glance at the menu, used her RoboPlanner to order her meal, then finally sat back and relaxed.

"So, how were your lessons?" I asked.

Janet sighed. "My Mentor made me crazy by asking me to do all sorts of insane stunts and sing all kinds of high-pitched songs. It was pretty much annoying, and he released me late. That's why I'm here at 1206 when I should have been here at 1200."

"Oh." I felt bad for her. "My lessons were fine. Though Elementalism was hard, Cryptozoology was okay though. I was working to get gorgons out of their shells and it was a small challenge, but I easily dealt with it."

"You're lucky today. You don't have any other lessons after this, right?" Janet questioned.

"Yeah, I don't. I want to go down to the Gym to train for the upcoming Skills Exam, then finish my homework research paper on why it is important to provide a good home for the gorgons." I replied.

"Hey, let's train together!" Janet squealed excitedly. "I have no lessons after lunch either and I want to prepare for the Skills Exam too!"

"Yeah, sure! That sounds great." I agreed. Just then, my food arrived. As I started eating, Janet's phone beeped with a text message. She quickly picked it up and rolled her eyes.

"Anything wrong?" I asked her, slightly concerned.

"No, just my friend bothering me..." Janet assured me.

Little did I know, the text said, "Janet, you are dating him! I see you right there with him at that table..."

Edgar POV
As I plopped down onto my seat, I saw Leon picking at his food moodily.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked him worriedly.

"No, nothing. Just during my Vanishing Session, my teacher gave me like a billion things to do. I have to vanish for more than 10 seconds next week, impress her by combining my attacking skills with my ability and finish a write-up on Disappearing Theory." Leon waved his hand.

"What's Disappearing Theory?" I asked curiously.

"Meh, just some crap about how the trick of disappearing continuously for an extended period of time is feeling the light touch your body, then tell your brain to allow it to pass through by switching off some sensor that immediately tells us not to." Leon explained.

"Hey guys!" Colette's voice rang from behind.

"Oh, that's right! Leon, I forgot to tell you about her. She's my roommate, Colette! I invited her for lunch." I remembered.

"Cool!" Leon cheered. "More people to join our table."

Just then, a 7th Grader came over and introduced herself, "Hey, Edgar! I'm a big fan of yours—Vertina. You may remember me because we partnered last year during one of the Skills Training Sessions."

I actually didn't remember her but didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I agreed and said, "Yeah."

"Can I sit here, please?" Vertina pleaded.

I really didn't want to reject her, but I had to say no. "Sorry, this is only for my friends." I explained.

She looked dejected and trudged away sadly.

"Bruh, must be hard having so many girls chase after you, huh?" Leon said sympathetically. "It's hard to reject them because you feel bad for them."

"You've done the same thing many times!" Colette pointed out. "A lot of 6th Grade girls have been crushing on you hard."

Leon blushed and looked away.

I quickly changed the subject to spare us guys from further embarrassment. "So, what sessions do you have after this?"

All of us took out our RoboPlanner and I declared, "I don't have any sessions left except Elementalism at 1600."

"I have no sessions left at all." Leon informed us.

Colette sighed. "I have an hour of Geography next and an hour of Physics. I'll join you later."

"Hey, wanna go to the Gym to prepare for the Skills Exam?" Leon suggested.

"Yeah!" I decided.

"Let's eat quickly. There may be a lot of people." Leon answered

We quickly wolfed down our lunch, Colette chattering continuously.