Encaged (The Hunt Pt. 3)

Fang POV
"No! Voyage!" Teleto's voice rang out. Thankfully, we teleported to the next room just as the rubble crashed onto the floor. Guardian emerged from the rubble with Mesmer, only to slam his fist into the building yet again causing more jewels to tumble and crash all over the floor.

Twin beams of laser bolts flew towards us, missing us by inches as we rolled away. Pyral, Moonshot, Psionio and I began bombarding the villains with attacks while Hydro and Teleto tried to brainstorm a plan.

Suddenly, Mesmer swelled with pink light, enveloping us in some sort of aura.

"Whoa!" everyone screamed as we were pulled towards Mesmer, slamming against the villain. "Got you!" Mesmer snarled, tapping all of our Kyras.

"Not all of us!" Teleto shouted, rewinding the time.

"We mustn't go near Mesmer—we have to defeat him first. I already have a plan. Moonshot, Pyral, hold off Guardian for a while. Astro, Psionio and I will deal with that annoying mesmeriser," Hydro decided.

It was the 7th try that we finally succeeded. Hydro and I shelled the villain with attacks, who responded with those weird heart-shaped blows that could instantly out someone under Guardian's control, as we learned from our 5th try. As Mesmer dodged to the left, Psionio activated and hurled her Pulse Field so fast that Mesmer had no time to react. Trapped in the force field, Mesmer exerted the odd aura once again.

"Fulmination Bolt!" I shouted, swinging it behind Mesmer. Just as the villain's aura absorbed the Pulse Field, the Fulmination Bolt raced towards him, pulled towards him by his aura like steel to a magnet. Mesmer let out one final gasp before he was instantly paralysed.

"Teleto, your turn!" we called, racing to recharge our Kyras and watching as Mesmer slammed against the rubble in the next room, falling unconscious under a whole pile of concrete.

"I have a new plan!" I transmitted to everyone through the transmission bubble. "Hydro, you need to stay here, but Teleto will take Psionio into that tree over there, and camouflage until the plan is in motion."

<*~*>

I swung the Fulmination Bolt at Guardian, who responded with searing laser beams and splashes of poison. Guardian tucked and rolled to dodge the boomerang with surprising agility, but was hit by a bit of Moonshot's Nightsand. As Pyral's Everblaze erupted around him, he stumbled back, looking a touch afraid.

"Water-cocoon!" Hydro activated her Hydrokinesis, blasting Guardian high into the sky.

A glowing sphere followed him from the opposite direction, where Psionio had camouflaged with the trees.

"Got you!" Psionio cheered as the cage closed around Guardian.

"Guardian, you've lost. Please, just stop this."

"NEVER!!" Guardian roared. A laser began to slice through the field.