The Sign Left Behind (Guardian Pt. 1)

Fang POV
As the mist cleared, the glowing object appeared. It was the avinia! It slowly swelled with a pulse of energy, and suddenly exploded with bright light. When it faded, a shimmering 'T' materialised.

The very trail that the Kyras had told us about.

"Look!" Gimmi shouted. "The first letter of where Vinjo is!"

"Speaking of which, Gimmi, don't you know where Vinjo is, since it's where you live?" I asked.

"No, we can't remember!" Gimmi answered. "Kyras have no sense of direction. We can't remember anywhere we have been or how to get back there except for into our holding box."

"Well, let's remember these letters...it's going to be important!" Edgar noted.

"For now, let's continue with our lessons," Leon suggested.

Janet, the kind soul, was already bringing Griff back to the bookshop. "Meet you guys later!" she called.

??? POV
"Vinjo, what are you doing?" the villain screamed. "Why didn't that creation defeat them?"

"I'm sorry, Master," Vinjo stuttered, cowering. "It's just...there...there are so many of them!"

"Of course!"the villain laughed evilly. "I have a great plan now...all thanks to my excellent brain! Hahahahaha..."

Fang POV
Days had passed since Lodestar had struck and I thought I would feel thankful, but instead, I felt...suspicious. I felt that Lodestar was planning something really big. Something that would cause a lot of dramatic damage. As I waited for the time to pass, I felt my nerves building up, itching to transform and hunt out Lodestar. But I knew I had to study for my test the next day, so I buried my head in the book.

Just then came a knock at the door. I went to open the door, only to find Janet, Edgar, Colette, Leon and Jessie.

"We need to talk," Leon announced.

??? POV
In the darkness, the villain brewed a frothy potion. It hissed and bubbled, steamed and boiled, turning into all shades of the spectrum. Glimmering in the inky black, it shone like an opal. Just then, it exploded with a resounding boom! At last, it was ready.

"Vinjo, come here!" he ordered. Grabbing the poor creature, he submerged it in the boiling water. Vinjo gulped, afraid of what was going to happen. Then, suddenly, he was pulled out with a huge tug and spun around the villain. There was a blinding flash of light. Then it disappeared, leaving some new powers behind.

Fang POV
"So, there's something suspicious going on with Lodestar. He hasn't struck in days, and I feel he's up to some MAJOR plan." Leon concluded.

"Yeah, it's been nearly a week since we defeated Sunken Chest." Edgar agreed.

"But that's not just it. Just now, Colette and I had lessons in neighbouring rooms. And as Colette exited the room beside me, I was already beside her. Suddenly, her mentor, Mr. Byron, asked her lots of questions about Jaek-o and his powers. Then, Tokki noticed that his eyes were following us down the corridor. Don't you think this seems a bit suspicious?" Janet told us.

"Plus, since I'm in student council, I heard that Mr. Byron has been extremely busy this whole week preparing some sort of powerful potion that no one knows about. Bea went into his office the other day to drop something by, and she heard some odd fizzes and explosions inside." Colette added.

"So, are you saying...that he is Lodestar?" I asked nervously.