Surprises and Heisting (First Night Pt. 2)

Edgar POV
"Wait, what?" I said in shock. I grabbed the timetable and realised he was right. On Friday, I had an agriculture session with Fang, Janet and my crazy roommate Colette.

"Ok, so see you tomorrow for lunch!" I called as I quickly raced back to the Tourmaline Tower.

I quickly went to Fang and Janet's room and showed them the note. "Can you believe this?" I huffed, slightly out of breath.

"Yeah, it's so cool!" Fang cheered. "Apart from Skills Training, I've never had a non-one-on-one lesson before! Plus, we get our lesson in the Biodome!"

"I know, right?" Janet agreed enthusiastically. "It's gonna be so much fun! So, when can we eat together?"

We quickly compared our timetables. Apparently, Fang and Janet would be eating together at the Tourmaline Restaurant on Mondays while I ate with Leon at the Foxfire Cafeteria. On Tuesdays, Janet would eat with her friends at the FieldCity Cafe while Fang, Leon and I ate together at the AstraCafe in Foxfire. The rooms were full of starry projections and it was a beautiful sight.

On Wednesdays, the three of us could eat at the BioCafe. On Thursdays, the three of us and Leon could possibly go to the Herbal Dining Hall in the Biodome's top level. On Friday, we could eat at the DomeRestaurant on the bottom level of the Biodome.

For dinners, we could all eat together because dinner time was any time we wanted and all the diners were open. But we would likely go to the Main Dining Hall at the top of the Tourmaline Tower. It gave you a view of beautiful stars and planets and moons. Access was only restricted to the 7th Graders and their guests. So we could add Leon to our guest list.

"Ok, it's already nighttime. Wanna grab a bite at the Main Dining Hall?" I suggested.

"Yeah, let's invite Leon and Jessie!" Fang agreed as he quickly texted him.

We quickly hurtled down to the bottom level of the tower via the vortex(lift) and let Leon and Jessie in. (The DNA of a 7th Grader/ Teacher is required to enter the Tourmaline Tower) Then, we went up to the Main Dining Hall and ordered delicious dishes to eat. After we gobbled down all of them, we invited Leon and Jessie to go for a stroll through the moonlit Biodome. It was extremely beautiful at night, especially since the bioluminescent flowers glowed in the darkness, casting a glow across the Biodome.

Feeling some adrenaline pumping through me, I suggested, "Hey guys, wanna go for a Heist match?"

Everyone agreed quickly, so we made our way down to the field in front of the school.
Heist Battle
Fang POV
The map on was Pit Stop, so Edgar had a huge advantage. We formed into two teams of three: Edgar, Janet and I and Jessie, Leon and Amber, who joined our match at the last minute when we needed an extra player.

"Go!" The announcer shouted. Edgar immediately used his gadget to charge up his Super while I stayed as defence at our safe. Janet had already defeated Leon at long range, used her gadget to leap over the wall and deal lots of damage. Edgar then pounced on the safe, going crazy until Amber killed both of them with her puddles of fiery oil. But their heist safe was already down to 46% while ours was at 97%.

I was trying to fend off Jessie, who continuously dealt damage to the safe. At that moment, she dropped her turret and it fired shots like crazy.

Luckily, Janet stopped them in time. But our heist safe was now at 62%. And Edgar had died again. Amber lobbed her oil over the wall as Leon appeared out of nowhere. But I dealt a blow to Leon and charged my Super. Then, in rapid succession, thanks to my Star Power, Fresh Kicks, I defeated the trio and raced to their safe.

I kicked the safe like a madman while Edgar punched it furiously. Janet was blasting her musical notes at it but when the enemies respawned, she flew into the air and circled above us.

Thanks to her rebound attack, Jessie quickly killed us. We respawned just in time to brace ourselves for another attack.

The scales were now 8%(enemy) and 62%(us). But as Amber burned the safe crazily and Jessie fired multiple shots, I found us dropping to less than 40%.

I quickly activated my Corn-fu gadget and dealt some minor damage before I dealt one shoe to Jessie and one to Leon. My Super was finally charged! I zipped towards them and immediately defeated Jessie. But before I could reach Amber, she flamed me to death.

Oh, crap! I thought as I watched our heist safe drop below 15%. What will we do?

Then Janet saved the day. She raced over from the other end of the map and in one shot, she wiped out Leon and Amber! Now, our safe was at 2% while the others' safe was at 1%.

"Go, Janet!" I cheered as Janet flew to the other side of the map in an attempt to use her Super to break the safe. I held my breath as Janet flew into the air, but Edgar was busy fighting the trio to prevent them from getting to our safe. Then, Janet's Super landed on the box's hit box and destroyed it!

"Whoo!" Edgar laughed as he stopped fighting the others. "GG, guys! Now let's go get respawned."

We killed each other so that we could respawn with full health, then made our way back to the Tourmaline Tower. Amber's boyfriend, Lou, had already brought her to the AstraCafe for a romantic date.

Staring at the couple, I felt some envy creeping into my heart...it was not that I had no choices—many girls had asked me out numerous times. But I wanted to wait for the perfect person. Someone who could make me feel happier than I ever would without her.

It was then that Edgar's voice interrupted my thoughts. "Guys, I still wanna play another game..." Edgar lamented.

"Yeah, me too!" Jessie agreed.

Then our eyes focused on the Hot Zone campus not far away.