Competition (Creation Pt. 3)

Fang POV
When the light faded, Jake, Penalty and the seven of us reappeared in the soccer arena.

"You shall fight your enemies. Only if you win you escape!" Penalty laughed. "Can you save Jake from my clutches? No. You. Can't. Because you won't win."

Three people raced into the arena, and as they neared I realised how familiar they were. Then I realised why.

The figures were Fang, Edgar and Janet.

Us.

Then I realised, the match we had played against those 5th Graders. The 5th Graders were us. From the future.

But where were the others? We hadn't seen them back then.

"The future is not set in stone, and neither is the past. Time can change at anytime. That is its beauty!" Penalty cackled, as if she knew what I was thinking. She dissolved into smoke, disappearing among the clouds.

"Three of you shall fight, and four of you shall stay. Who do you want to pick? You'll be losing either way..." Penalty told us.

"Three of us will go," I whispered. "We can fight ourselves."

As the three of us stepped into the arena, we watched as past us' face blanked into shock. They had just seen our false bagel cards that said we were 5th Graders and had or almost had our mastery titles.

"The match has begun!" Penalty called.

"Ok guys, you remember the time we fought future us? We just need to follow those moves!" I told everyone. "Let's go!"

I leaped over to the other team, readying my lightning. As I slammed it against the others with all my might, matching every one of the steps I had seen my future self do when I was past self, I noticed Penalty high above is in the clouds, staring down evilly. Her blue watch was clutched in her hands. Seeing that, I had an idea.

"Fulmination Bolt!" I whispered. I threw it behind me secretly, manipulating it with my mind to hit Penalty as I randomly blasted a few bolts at the enemies. My Fulmination Bolt got closer and closer to Penalty, hidden behind her by the clouds, and she still ceased to notice the glimmering boomerang soaring towards her.

But at the last second, the whirling sound of the boomerang caught her attention, and her head snapped around, making her notice the projectile immediately. She leaped aside, but not fast enough for the energy brushed the button on her clock, sending the seven of us spiralling in back in time.