1K Special: Acquisition (Deception Pt. 4)

Sandy POV
As we readied for the final showdown, Psionio and Hydro murmured, "Marco, Tokki, unify!" Soon they had morphed into Hydronio just as Jaek-o had recharged. "Action!" we transmitted.

"Winter Dragon!" I shouted, eliciting Lycanthrope's attention. It snarled and morphed into a dark green dragon that resembled some forest dragons I had seen in ancient tales of mystical creatures. Looks like they weren't that mystical.

But I was ready. I had now become ice blue, with snow surrounding me like an aura. As I blasted a stream of ice from my mouth, I yelled, "Lycanthrope, hand over your avinia!"

"No, you hand over that Kyra! My master wants it!" he cawed evilly as he swiped a giant talon at me, whirling around the sky. I swiped my tail at him, shooting a beam of pure hail. But the forest dragon conjured a giant tree to block the sharp objects, the dropped the whole thing down, nearly crushing Telestar, which was Astro and Teleto, who teleported away just in time.

"Never!" I roared, "Fire Dragon!" I sent hundreds of fireballs flying towards the forest dragon, who immediately shapeshifted into a tiny bird that dodged all of the blows easily, returning to his original giant bird form seconds later.

As he pummeled the forest with millions of fire rings, I returned his shots with streams of water. Then I noticed the blue feather on his left wing glowing each time he fired a shot.

That has to be the avinia! I transmitted before shapeshifting into a T-Rex who tore up all the trees in the forest and threw it at the giant bird. He caged the trees in thousands of bubbles, leaving them floating in the air. As I became a giant butterfly, I blasted them far away with the flutter of my wings, becoming a flying centaur only a second later. I fired multiple arrows at the hovering bird, who soon took the shape of a giant eagle.

Yet again I became a giant warrior, conjuring a poison-spiked broadsword as my right arm. I swung my sword towards Lycanthrope, who dodged it narrowly, only for Pyral to sent a ball of flame spiraling towards his wing.

As the Everblaze burned the right wing of the bird furiously, a reddish-orange tint spread across the damaged wing, flaming as the villain plummeted down, unable to support his own weight. As he dropped, Hydronio launched a huge watery force field at the fallen bird, trapping it inside the blue-pink sphere.

"Hydro-cocoon!" the hero shouted, forming a giant sphere of water around the bird's head. As the bird struggled furiously, completely blind, Hydronio snapped her fingers, making the glowing dome disappear, only for the bird to be paralysed by Telestar's Fulmination Bolt half a second later. Once again becoming a dragon, I blasted myself down with wind, settling beside Lycanthrope, tearing the feather in half.

The opal avinia swirled out, releasing a glittering "S" as Pyral grabbed it. Soon, a blinding flash of starlight enveloped the jungle as Telestar called his Balance, undoing all the damage Lycanthrope had caused.

The bird's eyes fluttered to life, and soon he was squawking in confusion. He had no idea what he had just done, but it was probably better that he didn't.

Penny POV
"Ugh, we were so close!" Lodestar snarled, pacing around the room angrily. "Those stupid heroes ruined everything, causing me to lose Gorog—and now they have another Kyra to help them!"

"It's ok. We'll get them. Next time." I told him. "We'll definitely win. Until then, we have to fight the new powers they have gained. And no matter how long it takes, no matter what it takes, we will defeat them."

A/N 7:
Wow, my book reached 1k reads! I can't believe that people actually read this book. So thankful to all of you! :) I hope you'll continue reading, enjoying and perhaps even sharing this book! I'm just very grateful for your support ^^ Thanks everyone!

As a 1k gift, let me tell you this: I wasn't planning on letting Sandy keep Gorog in the end, and wanted it to be taken by Lodestar at the end (after all, even villains need to have a victory, right?). But I decided to be faithful to my readers to thank you guys for your support, so I let the protagonists win once again!

For now, have a great year ahead!