Transformation (Deception Pt. 2)

Sandy POV
An avinia flew out of Lodestar's staff yet again, slamming against a golden talon that Vikana pulled from her fan. It fluttered towards a multi-coloured bird perched on a nearby tree, who cawed furiously, as if it was afraid. But that would be worse.

"Lycanthrope, I am Lodestar. These people are scaring you? I'm going to help you with that. Now the tables have turned, and you'll be the one scaring them! But in return for this gift, you need to get me all of their Kyras! There may be seven of them, but now someone shall help you accomplish your mission!"

"Thank you, Lodestar! Time for my revenge..." the bird suddenly spoke, multiplying a hundred times in size. Its beak sharpened, its talons lengthened and its eyes glimmered with rage, burning with the ferocity of a thousand suns. A blue shape morphed beside him, taking the shape of an odd pink-fleshed ring that wrapped itself around Lycanthrope's body.

"Oh no!" I murmured as the bird continued to swell up, destroying the trees around it and smashing them to pieces. As the bird let out an earth-shaking roar-caw, I yelled, "Gorog, I need your powers now!"

Gorog whispered into my ear, and when he was done I yelled, "Gorog, dragon's wings!"

"Whoa!" I breathed as red swirled down my body, leaving in its wake a completely red suit and pants. Another yellow wave conjured itself into reality, this time starting from the bottom up. Stripes of yellow sliced across my suit, adding some dragon-head prints across it. Finally, I was blinded by black, seeing a streak of the same colour across my eye-mask and my shoes when the light faded. "Let's see, my name shall be...Golden Dragon!"

"Golden Dragon! We need some help here!" Astro shouted, fending off whatever the giant bird was. Instead, the bird let out a roar that literally deafened us.

"Transmission!" Hydro yelled, conjuring bubbles that stuck to our heads. "We'll communicate telepathically," she told us. "We can't hear ourselves with this annoying bird's voice. And what is that weird pink-jelly-like-ring around his waist?"

"I think we'll find out soon..." I murmured, pointing at the ring which was glowing with blue light.

Suddenly, Lycanthrope disappeared and reappeared behind us. "Whoa! He has the same powers as me!" Teleto shouted, shocked.

"To counter his teleportation, there's only one thing we can do!" Astro told everyone. "Since we need to communicate and separate our powers, we have to evolve!"

Everyone nodded in agreement. We yelled, "Trix, Gorog, Gimmi, Tokki, Jaek-o, Evex, Marco, evolve!"

"Hello, Lodestar!" we yelled. "Sovereign is back!"

Lodestar snarled in annoyance, "Lycanthrope, attack!"

Lycanthrope fired odd rings of energy which bounced off all the foliage, flying towards us. Luckily we activated our Second Chance just as one slammed towards us, trapping us in some sort of sphere that was just like Psionio's force field.

It was until the seventieth try that we learned the trick to dodging the rings, only to have Lycanthrope fire his next weapon towards us...some sort of sizzling ray that exploded into flames upon impact.

"Is that all you got?" we taunted, dodging the flying rays of fire. "A pathetic little roar, a bunch of energy rings and a fire ray?"

Now that we said it, it sounded a bit dangerous. But Lycanthrope's next power was more fearsome.

"There's a reason why I'm called lycanthrope, you know?" the oversized bird cackled.

A flash enveloped the clearing, showing Lycanthrope who has transformed into a giant lion. Then an anaconda, an eagle, a tyrannosaurus and a dragon.

The dragon-Lycanthrope sent a bomb of sizzling fire rays from his mouth that soared towards us, sending half the trees up in smoke. Suddenly, Lycanthrope readied a huge ball of flames, slamming it against two rings. He hurled it towards us, the sphere bursting into thousands of burning rings upon impact with a nearby tree. Three rings encased us, only to be sent into Oblivion as we rewinded yet again.

"How are we going to beat this shapeshifting, fire-controlling, force-field-creating, deafening-roar-making beast?" Astro's mental voice sounded.

"Not to mention he can gain extra powers when he transforms into other animals!" Hydro added, blasting streams of water at Lycanthrope as he became some sort of centaur-warrior, shooting boiling-tar-arrows from his bow as well as swinging a giant double-bladed sword with his other two hands. The boiling tar cooled and solidified, rendering the bow useless, only to have Lycanthrope transform yet again into a cheetah with extreme speed, especially with its teleporting.

"There is one way..." I murmured.

"How?" Moonshot questioned mentally, checking that Byron had been sent back to his office via our Voyage.

"Well, you know Gorog's power?" I asked everyone.

"No, we don't know what it is," Pyral explained.

"I do," I answered. "Dragon!"

"Dragon? What dragon?" almost everyone asked in confusion. But they soon found out as red, yellow and black shone around us, causing us to enlarge many times. When the light had faded, we had become a long-bodied creature with a sharp, poison-tipped tail, dark red eyes, forty long golden talons, a long snout that breathed smoke and a mouth lined with sharp teeth, just like a cavern with stalactites and stalagmites.

"Wow!" everyone breathed in wonder. For Gorog had shapeshifted us into a majestic ruby dragon.