Remembrance (Transmission Pt. 1)

Fang POV
"What? That's impossible! There are only seven Kyras, and we already have six of them! So how could Lodestar have two?" Leon asked, confused.

"Precisely—I don't understand it yet," Byron answered. "But there's no way this could have evolved from Lodestar's powers. This talon represents an eagle, whereas Vinjo represents a butterfly. So it can't be his Kyra."

"Are you suggesting that there is another Kyra out there which represents an eagle and creates all these Vika-controlling talons?" I questioned.

"To put it simply, yes," Byron returned flatly. "But this Kyra has never been described in the Kyroire, nor have his powers. So I think I need to do some deep research on it...for now, I'm busy with my last few classes before the term ends. If you're willing, we may very well spend the one-week holiday researching together."

"Definitely," I answered. "Anything for saving Vinjo."

"Well, looks like you need to get going again," Byron pointed out. "King Pengula is back."

<*~*>

Three days had passed since Homer had been defeated, and many reaviniatized villains had popped up again. The final exam of the term was over; it was time for the holidays.

As we filled out of the examination hall, many students chattered about going home to visit their families. But Edgar, Colette, Leon and I had no family. Our parents had died long ago, during a mysterious breakdown in the respawn system. Almost a hundred lost their lives that day.

It had been a normal day, where everyone milled about running their daily errands. A hundred people had gathered at the multiple brawling arenas for daily competition, all bubbling with excitement.

I remembered cheering as my parents stepped into the Bounty arena, waving at me from inside. The map had been Eagle's Eye, and it seemed like there really was an eagle that day.

A mysterious shape swooped across the sky, extending its shining talons. Some sort of lightning monster had emerged from those golden claws; it fried all the control panels in the arena.

Soon, the words, RESPAWN SYSTEM DOWN. CANCEL ALL MATCHES, had flashed across the sky. But it was already too late. In the multiple arena, those who had died...just remained dead. Forever.

At first, I didn't know what was going on, confused by the panicked faces all around me. Then, the news was broadcasted live  in front of the Bounty arena that my parents had walked into.

I remembered falling to my feet, not believing what had happened. Tears rolled down my cheeks like pearls from a necklace, thudding to the ground. I had to see for myself. They couldn't be dead. With my stealthy Kung-fu moves, I had entered the arena without anyone noticing. Then I knew I had to trust what they had said.

Because my eyes showed me their dead bodies, lying on the grass in front of me.

Janet's parents also died during that incident, but she had been adopted by Stu, whereas the other four of us lived as orphans.
Later on, Leon had met Jessie, and Pam and Bull took care of him.

Colette had lived in a dark basement below Griff's Gift Shop that used to belong to her aunt and uncle, Belle and Sam. They had since been captured, so the tiny room was all hers. When she became older, she began picking up shifts at the gift shop, meeting Edgar after a while.

Edgar lived in a giant treehouse just in the garden beside the gift shop; he earned what he had by working at Griff's Gift Shop everyday.

And I? Daily, I worked at the Cinema, starring in many movies and becoming rich from them. Not that I hadn't been already. My parents had been Brawlywood stars, just like Lola, before they died. Together, they had earned almost a billion from the movie industry, and we lived in a giant mansion.

But when I was young, I really detested the mansion. When they died, I kept it as a museum for others to visit. It was full of props, costumes and other acting-related items, helping it to become the famous Brawlywood Museum.

I used the money I had to buy a small apartment, not far from the mansion. I soon became well-known, eventually starting to star in a number of Brawlywood movies, earning quite the riches and winning lots of awards.

After all, acting was my passion.