Pondering (Again? Pt. 1)

Fang POV
Everyone had gathered in our room for a quick discussion about where Lodestar's hideout could be. After the battle with Hearthunter, a glowing E had shone across the roof of the tower.

"So all we have is 'THE'?" Colette grumbled. "That's so unspecific! It doesn't even make sense! And there are still 23 more villains to go until we get the full phrase. And each one's going to be worse than the last."

"Regardless, we have to keep trying," I reminded everyone. "We can't just let the Kyra of Light fall into a villains hands. And if he gets our Kyras, there's no knowing what he'll do. When a wish is made, the world is destroyed and then entirely re-created! There could be disastrous consequences to whatever wish Lodestar wants to make."

"Well, I guess we should do some more research on his powers. We should ask Byron to let us study the Kyroire," Janet suggested.

"Agreed," Leon said, "There may be some things in there we don't know about yet."

Jessie added, "Lodestar could have even more powers that his Kyra told him about but we don't know."

Her next sentence was drowned out by a loud explosion. Shocked, everyone stared out of the window, only to find...

"Sunken Chest again?" I asked in confusion. "Why would Lodestar waste an avinia on him again? He only has twenty-six, after all..."

"No idea. Maybe this is the only negative emotion he could find and he just wanted to aviniatize someone. But one thing's for sure—we need to fight him, now!" Janet answered.

Everyone transformed and leaped out of the window, thudding onto the floor loudly. Luckily, everyone in the vicinity had escaped long ago, especially since Sunken Chest seemed to be looking for someone. There were holes in all the nearby buildings, as if he had punched his way through them. But I couldn't see how.

Until I did.

A giant black diamond gorilla slammed onto the compound, making the earth shake. He slammed a fist right where we were standing, but luckily Teleto teleported us out of there in time. The gorilla smashed a crater into the ground, and his fist didn't even seemed injured at all. This gorilla was extremely strong!

"Sunken Chest, get rid of these pests before you find your victim!" Lodestar's voice rang through the clearing.

Sunken Chest trained his eyes on us, as well as his gorilla, which seemed to be a Vika. A barrage of golden bolts thundered towards us, flying in every direction. Teleto, who had hidden behind one of the bushes, shouted, "Second Chance!"

I leaped onto the top of a building and shot millions of lightning bolts at the two villains, Hydro by my side. Moonshot, Pyral and Psionio were whispering something to Teleto as Hydro and I distracted each beast. Then, Teleto froze the time. I glanced at the endless blue bubble of time we were in when Teleto froze the time. No enemies in sight, no buildings, nothing at all. So much calmer than the real world.

"Everyone, we need to get rid of the gorilla first," Pyral told us. "So, while Moonshot, Psionio and I deal with that oversized diamond, Hydro and Astro will distract Sunken Chest. Teleto, rewind in case anything happens."

In seconds, we were back to the battlefield. Teleto returned to his place in the bush while Pyral, Psionio and Moonshot advanced towards the gorilla which seemed to be called Diam. Hydro and I snuck up on Sunken Chest. Without him knowing it, Hydro suddenly slammed the villain against the wall. He urned around immediately, eyes sparkling with rage. Golden rays soared through the sky, missing us by centimetres. We responded with our own attacks, weakening Sunken Chest bit by bit.

On the other side of the courtyard, the trio was battling the giant gorilla. It had slammed its fist into the ground and created craters everywhere. Psionio finally activated her power, yelling, "Pulse Field!" The glowing dome of energy protected the trio from the gorilla's frenzied attacks, succeeding to make Diam even more furious. For such a large gorilla, it was extremely agile, dodging most of the Pulses that were fired towards him.

But Pyral's fires slowly encaged it, trapping it in a wall-high flame. It charged through the cage wall, melting off half its left leg in the process. It screeched with agony, its movements slowing. Slowly, the beast began to harden into a statue until Psionio was about to detransform. Moonshot yelled, "Nightsand!", slamming the black sphere against the gorilla-statue. Soon, Psionio was feeding her Kyra as Moonshot further weakened the gorilla with his Darkbite.

While Moonshot stayed to control the fallen gorilla, everyone else turned their eyes on Sunken Chest.

A million golden rays followed the fallen gorilla, arcing through the air like deadly arrows. But everyone was ready this time.

"Fulmination Bolt!"
"Everblaze!"
"Hydrokinesis!"
"Pulse Field!"

We were ready to battle.