Evolution (Past and Present Pt. 3)

Fang POV
"Here we go again!" Astro cheered as yet again got hyper charged in the second round, summoning storms, bolts of lightning and electricity and allowing them thunder down.

Before Astro could grab the ball, Pyral and Hydro slammed their hands together and suddenly melded into a deadly half-water, half-fire beast!

"Oh no..." Astro murmured.

"What is that?" Janet screamed as she blasted frenzied sounds at Edgar, who was struggling to take me down.

"Evolution!" Astro yelled over the roar of the twins' power. Just then, the twins hurled some sort of bluish-red ball at Astro. The ground exploded below his feet, hurling sparks and droplets everywhere. At that moment, a fierce tornado raged around us, swirling with water and fire.

Eventually, we fell to its hands and Edgar fired the ball into the goal. "GOAL!" the announcer shouted yet again.

The third round was intense. Astro had been killed by the twins yet again, Janet was fending Edgar off and I was assisting her. Suddenly, I had an idea. "Janet, let's try evolution! If the twins can do it, so can we! Place your hand with mine and put all your energy into it!" I whispered.

Janet slammed her palm onto mine and I channelled all my energy to the merge. After seconds, it still was not working and we were feeling discouraged.

It was then that sparks flew.

"Yes!" Janet yelled as a golden aura swirled around us. Together, we threw a deadly bundle of shoes and rockets at the enemies. The twins dodged it, but Edgar wasn't so lucky. The moment he was hit, he was rendered nothing but ashes.

The twins were already preparing another attack, and Astro was readying a huge sphere of lightning. It was then I had an idea.

I grabbed Astro's palm and forced all my energy to the fusion. Slowly, we evolved into the deadliest foes in existence! As one, we hurled ourselves towards the three enemies staring at us in shock. We landed with a thud, sending shockwaves, bolts of electricity and rocket fire in all directions.

Yet again we swirled in an aura of lights, teal this time. We exploded a combination of fuel and lightning, sending all enemies tumbling for cover. Finally, we launched ourselves towards the three cowering behind a wall.

Bam! We rebounded on each of them and bounced furiously until all of them were defeated. Then, we kicked the ball into the air and watched it soar into the goal.

"GOAL!" the announcer pronounced.

"Yes!" the three of us cheered. Astro immediately threw spheres of electricity into the air which shattered with popping sounds, evolving into the most beautiful fireworks I had ever seen.

Obviously, Astro was the star player.

As we walked away, however, I couldn't help but feel that there was something off about those three. But little did I know, everything about them was bigger than I could even imagine...

S/N
Hi, this is NobodyBS! Just as a side note, I think a number of you are wondering why this chapter is titled "Past and Present" even though there's nothing about pasts and the present in this whole chapter. Actually, this is a fun anecdote that will be continued later on in the book—something that will shock you down to the very core! In the meantime, keep reading and wait for the crazy twists and turns ahead!