Power (Evolution Pt. 1)

Fang POV
The steady stream of aviniatized villains was overwhelming—but our new allies and powers definitely made it better. With Moonshot' tracking ability and Aerial's Replication power, things went more smoothly, as well as quickly. But it wasn't until three weeks later that Lodestar used another avinia.

Penny POV
"Ah, yes..." Lodestar's voice rang through the room. "A powerful emotion I can feel now! Looks like Professor Aria is having some trouble. Let's take a closer look..."

A purple blast ricocheted across the room, filling it with the sound of argument. "The Astronomy Department needs more funding!" shouted Aria's voice.

Another voice, likely the principal's, argued, "It's not like many take your subject anyways, Aria! Nobody cares whether the telescopes are outdated or not!"

Aria's growl of frustration echoed in the dark cave that was our base, followed by a loud slam. "Yes, she's more angry now," Lodestar murmured. "My little avinia, go forth and give this soul power to fulfill its dream!"

For moments, nothing except silence was heard. Then, a crackle resounded, followed by the squelching of purple ether. "Gemini, I am Lodestar. You are right—few people pay attention to the wonder of our solar system, and even fewer appreciate it! But it's time for them to see its true power..."

I added, "Gemini, I am Vikana. I am entrusting you with my creation to help you in your mission; Solar & Lunar will deal with those annoying heroes that you will face. With our help, you must capture their Kyras!"

A final squelch was the only response. But the silence and stillness of the glowing moon high above, now bright blue, was more than enough.

Fang POV
"Thanks, Professor Jean!" I called as I rushed out of the Astronomy classroom. After a number of teleportations through the portals that were installed in the large city-like school, I arrived at the Main Dining Hall, where my friends were waiting.

"Finally, Fang," Janet teased. "We were waiting for so long! Guys, time to dig in!"

But before anyone could even lift their fork, a ping resounded from Edgar's phone. Jessie had programmed it to ring whenever there was an abundance of dark energy; which could only mean one thing.

"Well, maybe later," I consoled everyone, who groaned unanimously. "Gimmi, bring the storm!"

<*~*>

Minutes later, we thudded down to the main compound, where Moonshot's powers detected the dark energy. Sure enough, a new figure was standing in the middle, her hands glistening with midnight blue glitter and shining with gold matter. She whirled around immediately, her features morphing into a cold smile as she greeted us, "Ah, hello, heroes. It's time to give me your Kyras—and don't make me ask twice."

"What makes you think we would regret it?" Aerial countered, whipping up a cyclone. The rage of the wind was already powerful enough to knock a tree out of the ground, but Aerial added dozens of snake-like vines to the storm, pairing it with the fury of the natural elements.

"Ah, a challenger," the villain said, her voice somehow sounding icy and warm simultaneously. But clarification came seconds later as she laughed, "Prove to me your worth, and I shall spare you. If not, I'll let the sky fall," with venom dripping from every word.

"You wanna bet?" Pyral shouted, her hands blazing with flames. A tsunami rose high above us, threatening to crash down with one snap of Hydro's fingers. And as shadows shifted, lightning flashed, Pulses glinted and hoarfrost crackled, the villain stayed oddly calm. In seconds, we found out why.

Two odd creatures rose behind the villain, one glowing with golden light like the bright orange sun, the other shining with opalescence like the cold moon. All the stars above twinkled, as if with a warning. But it was too late, anyways, and the villain clenched her fists. Golden beams shot down from the millions of stars, caging us in tight spaces. The deadly rays burned and ate at the ground, sizzling with power as the starry villain declared, "I warned you. And you didn't listen. So now it's time for you to face the wrath of Gemini."