Again and Again (Evolution Pt. 17)

Fang POV
"Pens down!" Mr. P ordered from the front of the examination room. "The invigilators will be collecting your papers shortly."

"How do you think you did?" Janet asked nervously as we stepped out of the exam hall, with Edgar and Colette.

"Wow...the Agriculture theory paper was harder than I expected," I admitted. "But I still think I will be able to get at least 80%. We all studied hard, after all! Have some confidence in ourselves, and let's go to the BioCafe for lunch before our practical starts."

"Aww..." Edgar complained. "Why do we have to be the first to have the practical? Our theory paper just finished now, at 1150, and our practical begins at 1250! I know someone who only has to start at 1830..."

"You're talking about Javier, aren't you? Well, of course! He takes Psychology, their paper is right now!" Colette realised. She pointed down the hallway, where a dark-haired boy was desperately shoving through the crowds.

"Fair point..." Edgar grumbled. "But let's go for lunch, before our time is up!"

We had just settled down for lunch in the BioCafe when a giant explosion rocked the world outside.

"Again?" Colette murmured. She texted the rest quickly as Edgar rejoiced, "At least the exams will be delayed until the enemy is defeated!"

I grinned as I said, "Gimmi, bring the storm!"

"What is happening out there?" I peered around as we leaped out of the Biodome, into the courtyard far below. Two tall shapes were looming high above us, faced in an opposite direction, where screaming was ringing all around.

"What's our little friend doing today?" Aerial joked as he thudded into the courtyard along with the rest. "Hey, you guys! Wanna play a little game?" He called to the two figures.

One of them wheeled around, glaring at Aerial as she growled, "I don't play games with little fools. Now, give me your Kyras!"

"Who are you?" I shouted back.

"I am Dark Tigress," the villain snarled as she swiped diamond-studded claws towards us. "And I am your ultimate nightmare!"

"Well, what about your partner?" Hydro yelled as she blasted a torrent of water at Dark Tigress, who countered it with a strong blast of flames from her mouth. She hovered in the air, her tail swishing back and forth, its barbed tip covered with sickly yellow venom.

In response, the other figure melted into the shadows and suddenly reappeared above Hydro, smiling widely.

"Remember me?" she hissed.

"No way..." I breathed.

"Oh, yes. It's me, Victoria. And you're going to lose this time."