Prevention (Protection Pt. 1)

Fang POV
It had been a week since I had discovered my new powers, and I had been giving my magical charms to every deaviniatized person we had saved. Day by day, the number of aviniatized people fell until the point that there were no more.

"Thanks to this new power, Lodestar now has to use begin using new avinias if he wants to create his villains, and we will soon found out where his lair is!" I cheered as we saved the very last person to be reaviniatized ever again—Sunken Chest.

Penny POV
"What's going on, Penny?" the man snarled angrily. "How have they found a way to block my reaviniatizations?"

"I don't know, Lodestar. Astro's powers have evolved. It's now going to be harder to face him, unless we can make our own evolve too. I'm sorry I can't make any independent Vikas, Lodestar..."

Because of my sick Kyra, I was unable to form a normally independent Vika and had to rely on Lodestar's avinia to create one instead. Such were the limits of Lyrii. I was only able to create one, Cager, to stop the guardian of Lyrii from chasing after us. After that, both Lyrii and myself were weakened greatly.

"It's not your fault, Penny," the man sighed. "I would never want anything to happen to you. I guess I'll just have to choose my villains wisely..."

But right then, Vinjo started to glow brighter—a signal that a strong negative emotion was near.

"Well, I guess that time is now," he cackled wickedly. "Vinjo, flames of the sun!"

As soon as he had transformed into Lodestar, he let an avinia fly out of his staff and merged with my golden talon, smiling as it soared out of the window.

Fang POV
I had just finished my last lesson of the day, Astronomy and was heading to Main Dining Hall for dinner with the six. Just then, I noticed how cold get it was getting as I stepped out of the doorway.

"Wow..." I breathed as I watched the snow cascade down on the whole school, blanketing in a thick layer of white. There were about four months to finals, and it was already November. Looked like winter had come early this year—and so had the aurora, which stretched across the sky beautifully. With the gorgeous landscape of our school, it was hard to remember that two villains were threatening the safety of everyone there.

As I pulled my down jacket tighter around myself, I crossed the campus slowly, smiling as I saw many groups of people sitting around and chatting—some couples, some best friends and some just strangers to each other. But as I looked around me, I realised that I had to protect this school—and everyone here.

Not just because it was a responsibility. Also because it was a place that was definitely worth protecting. And I wouldn't stop until it was truly safe.

Penny POV
"Larcener, I am Lodestar. I hear your yearning for your idols' superpowers. And I shall help you achieve your dream! You now have the ability to take away the powers of any superhero you touch, with whatever weapon you choose!" Lodestar said.

"Larcener, I am Vikana. You shall be aided in your mission by Stealth, who allows you to turn invisible with one flick of your wrist. He has no form, and only existence inside your bracelet. You cannot let the heroes take that away!" I added.

"Of course, once you have possessed your idols' powers, bring their Kyras to me. I, too, want a shot at their powers!" Lodestar finished.

A response echoed from every side of the room, "Yes, Lodestar, Vikana, I will definitely help you. Playtime has just begun!"