Pasts (Replication Pt. 1)

Fang POV
"How can there be another Kyra?" my question echoed the sentiments of everyone else.

"This is the last Kyra in the world, and belongs to the coast of South America. I come from Chile, and where I live, I'm the only protector of the continent," Aerial answered flatly.

"If you're from Chile, then why are you here?" Hydro asked, her voice edged with suspicion.

"I have come here to hunt down the evil that sent a monster to my city!" Aerial's eyes sparkled with black hate as he curled his fists. "Someone from your city sent a weird yellow bird over to Chile, and with it came some sort of black mist-monster. I had to single-handedly fight those two, and my country suffered heavy casualties. There are still many petrified in some golden stone, and others were killed by falling trees, or drugged by that mist-monster. Whatever they are, they've caused Chile to lose at least a thousand!"

"Which of you did it?" Aerial whirled a cyclone around himself and bent the nearby plants to his palms as he shouted, "Answer me, now!"

"We will not be talked to like that!" Moonshot snapped as a surge of black slammed itself against the male's chest. "We have nothing to do with whatever the hell those stupid creatures are! Can't you see that there are seven of us for a reason? We're here to fight the villains who hold the eighth and ninth Kyras. They've been causing havoc across Brawltopia for a long time now, and we were the ones who dealt with it every day."

It took me second to realise that Moonshot had used his Nightsand on the fallen "hero", who breathed heavily, his chest straining as he choked out, "Well, then, what was your villain's stupid creation doing in my country?"

We all exchanged a look while Moonshot glared fiercely at Aerial. "I think we need to help them," Hydro transmitted as she glanced at the blonde boy who was on the verge of collapsing.

"But how?" I countered. "My Balance can only fix damage caused by villains that I defeated in the last hour, and Teleto can't rewind god knows how long!"

"He can't. But I can." Trix's voice piped up. The little creature flew into the air as he said, "I know what you're about to say, Guardian, but remember: your Balance can fix my magical powers when you defeat the aviniatized villain in Chile."

I opened my mouth to argue, but I realised that he was right. So I changed my words at the last minute to instruct, "Moonshot, break your hold. We're travelling into the past."

Moonshot clicked his fingers, making the black sphere disappear as he fed Evex and snarled to Aerial, "Get up. You're gonna bring us back to those villains."

Aerial scrambled away from Moonshot as he told Teleto, "It was roughly two days ago when the four villains came."

"Four?" Pyral questioned, distrust still deep in her voice. "Didn't you say there were two?"

Aerial shook his head. "The gold bird, the mist-monster were the main two villains that I fought. But there was also the woman with the fan and the guy with the staff."

"Lodestar and Vikana," I grumbled. "Enough chaos, let's hunt those two idiots and get back their Kyras.

"Second Chance, Voyage, combine!" Trix commanded, his palms glowing with blue light. He hurled a spinning yellow-blue portal in front of us—it really reminded me of the Taoism symbol. But that wasn't important—what was important was dealing with Lodestar and Vikana before they caused more trouble.

As a result of Trix using his power without Leon, the world had went into havoc. The lights were blinking so fast that it made me dizzy, and I could hear the students screaming as many familiar villains reappeared around the campus. Larcener, Unleasher, Asperia, Diam, Sunken Chest, Dark Cupid, even Protector. Yet I realised they were apparitions as Byron ran to me and asked, "Guardian, what's going on?"

"Small trouble, a villain appeared in Chile and we have to reverse time to fight it," I murmured, "Find somewhere safe to hide." Then, I had an idea for how to stop all this chaos. I searched the crowd for someone—until I finally found them.

"Hearthunter!" I pointed at the familiar villain. "I'll capture her and defeat her, then I can use my Balance to restore peace(and sanity) to the world."

Soon, the villain had been caged by Psionio and she growled as Teleto teleported her away save for her aviniatized object, letting Pyral burn it with a sphere of Everblaze that she hurled through the Voyage.

As the avinia-apparition flew away, all of Hearthunter's Vikas collapsed and disappeared—seconds before the rest, as I had called out my Balance. Seeing that the campus was back to normal, I put a foot through the portal and beckoned, "Now, time to save Chile!"