Victories (Evolution Pt. 14)

Fang POV
"That's impossible! I already gave you the magical charm!" I said.

"Glad to know," the villain deadpanned, "But I am not Larcener. I am Victoria!"

"You look a lot like Larcener," Moonshot noted.

"STOP AFFILIATING ME WITH THAT VILLAIN I AM VICTORIA AND I'M GONNA DESTROY YOU AND WIN THIS BATTLE!" Victoria shouted deafeningly, causing us to flail to cover our ears. She snapped her fingers, conjuring a silver-nozzled weapon.

"What's that gonna do?" Golden Dragon taunted from high above. "Shoot sugar rays?" He followed the joke with a powerful blast of flames.

"Fool!" Victoria spat. "Do you know why I am called Victoria? Because it is derived from the word victory, meaning I. Will. Always. Win." A loud bang echoed from the gun, shadowed by hundreds of Fulminations.

"Uh-uh-uh!" Psionio wagged her fingers. "Pulse Field!" A protective dome flared around us, followed by one around Golden Dragon and one around Aerial, who were both hovering in the air and shooting from above.

Victoria sniggered and snapped her fingers, unraveling the force field. Psionio gasped, then narrowed her eyes as she shouted, "You're not going to control my power!"

With a grunt, Psionio channeled mental energy into her force field, strengthening it. Victoria growled in anger, instead smashing Everblaze against the dome. The Pulse Field crackled and hissed, but didn't give in.

"Guys, I'm going to bring Psionio to recharge Marco," Teleto whispered. "You can handle yourselves, right?"

"Yeah," Hydro returned. She formed a number of Transmission spheres, explaining, "We'll communicate through this."

As Teleto and Psionio leaped away, the force field fizzled out and Victoria grinned. She unleashed a number of Pulses, which all curved towards us and homed in.

"Don't get distracted!" Voyager grunted through the Transmission, sending the blows ricocheting back at Victoria. Victoria snarled, yelling, "Transmssion!"

"She can imitate all our powers!" I realised just as Victoria chimed, "Finally, one smart one here."

"No!" Hydro cried, snapping her fingers and destroying the connection. Victoria cackled, "You really think you can stop me? I can do everything any of you can do—and more!"

"Anti-Transmission!" Hydro shouted. "Stop this!"

The red bubble latched on to Victoria, who just conjured it away. "Two can play this game," she laughed, stifling Hydro with one of her own bubbles. It took Hydro three seconds to free herself, and I had already aimed a Fulmination Bolt at Victoria.

"Do you still not get it?" Victoria yelled over the chaos. "You can't beat me, because I will always win!" She twisted her fingers and sent the boomerang spinning back to me, then duplicated it to chase after all of us.

I snapped the two away, only for her to ready another three more. I transmitted, "Guys, we can't keep this up! We need to go on offense."

"Right with you!" Psionio agreed as a void opened, letting Teleto and Psionio step out.

She leaped towards Victoria at the same time as Voyager charged. But suddenly, Victoria spun backwards and extended her two arms, which morphed into purple blobs. And as soon as they touched both heroes, they disappeared.

"No!" Victoria called to Teleto, who had started to Rewind. One blast hit Teleto in the heart, making him groan as he melded with the purple ether.

"Did I not mention?" Victoria laughed lightly. "I have other powers beside the ones that you possess! And now that you have no more second chance, I will have the first, and only, victory."