Manifestation (Evolution Pt. 7)

Colette POV
"Whoa..." everyone's voice trailed off as the black energy pulsed and shimmered. "What is this for?" I questioned, confused. The black sphere lay in my palm, pulsing like a heart.

Suddenly, the black sphere flared brightly, morphing into a gun with a silver nozzle. Realising the true power of this newly manifested evolution, I raised the weapon and aimed it at Stillness, who stumbled back, his face a mask of fear. With a soft whir, a click resounded across the clearing and a black ray tore through the clearing.

"What the hell?" Stillness shrieked as the black beam sliced towards him. I used my mind to guide it through the forest, destroying several trees on the way. Finally, the destructive energy channeled into a silver band around his wrist, which had to be the object holding his avinia.

"No!" Stillness roared in frustration, raising his bow. A thousand arrows flew towards us, spiked with lethal poison.

"What's going on?" Astro yelled over the chaos. The zombie-army had escaped from the cage, marching towards us with odd groaning sounds. Hydro readied a Transmission as she responded mentally, "That wasn't the object holding the avinia, it was a Vika! Look!"

The blue-suited hero splashed a torrent of water up into the sky, capturing a golden talon that had soared high above. "We'd better defeat Stillness before Vikana delivers another Vika to him," Hydro called out. "Now that the Vika is gone, I think he can't absorb our powers anymore."

Sure enough, one blast of flames at the villain showed me that he was indeed finally vulnerable to our attacks. But he raised his bow to his light and commanded, "Arrow, Douse!" The arrow that touched his chest extinguished the flames in seconds, and that was when it hit me.

"Guys!" I transmitted, pointing at Stillness' bow, which was glinting in the moonlight as he aimed hundreds and thousands of arrows towards us, letting them swish in our direction. As we dodged and darted aside, I continued, "The bow has to be the aviniatized object—I don't know why I didn't see that before! Plus, do you see the etchings on the bow?"

A collective gasp rang across the clearing as Astro realised first, "That's Angelo! The mosquito-archer! Well, that explains why his weapon is a bow..."

"Exactly! Now we just need to get our hands on that bow!" I transmitted as I called to Stillness, "Hey there, Angelo! Mind giving us your bow?"

Stillness deadpanned, "Wow, you know so much about me. But let's see whether you know this!" An arrow conjured a king sword for him, which sliced through the air viciously—its metal blade shining like opalescence under the moonlight.

"Exactly how are we going to get that bow while he wields that sword?" The thirteen Aerials countered.

"Simple!" Golden Dragon, hovering high above, answered. "Astro, would you do the honours?"

"Of course!" Astro winked. "Creation, Lucky Charm!"