Invulnerable (Evolution Pt. 3)

Fang POV
A blinding pink-white flash whited out the whole world, fading only after what seemed like eternity. Everyone stared at the force field, which had miraculously repaired itself. Immediately, Gemini pounded against the force field once again, only to have to her shot rebound back at her. She screamed and darted away, singeing part of her hair in the process.

The villain snarled in frustration, pacing around the dome, like a tiger silently stalking its prey. Golden Dragon reminded us, "Guys, Psionio's going to transform back soon! We need a plan, and fast!"

"Well then," I decided. "Creation, Lucky Charm!" Yet another flash, this time yellow, enveloped the clearing, leaving a long coil of thick, golden chains in its wake.

"What am I supposed to do with this?" I questioned frantically. "It's not like I can toss this out of the force field—it would just break and the minions and starlight rays will just kill us."

"Guys, Psionio needs to split!" Teleto warned, a turquoise portal glowing in his hands. "We need to recharge Marco." Just with that, the two disappeared, leaving us stranded in the energy dome.

Seeing that two of us had gone missing, Gemini shouted, "You foolish heroes, sacrifice your Kyras, now! Or else, I'll set this whole school on fire!" Millions of glowing rays, crackling lightning and star-minions followed her threat, ready to raze the small city to ashes.

"We need a distraction..." Golden Dragon muttered as he paced back and forth in the force field, swishing his tail nervously. He had transformed into a majestic phoenix, his wings rippling with flames and his claws shining like the sun. "Ok, I think I've got it."

He channeled a ball of flame to the sky as he yelled, "Deception!" Instantaneously, millions of mirages sprung to life around the clearing, surrounding and easily outnumbering Gemini and her minions. The villain stumbled back, her usually cocky expression masked by fear.

"Woah!" Psionio breathed as she stumbled through the force field, followed by a wary Teleto. They glanced around in confusion, asking in unison, "Why are there illusions everywhere?"

"Yeah, it's a distraction to annoy Gemini's minions!" Golden Dragon responded. "But it's not going to last long..."

Distraction. The word echoed in my mind, sending chunks of hidden information tumbling loose. Quickly, millions of items flashed across my vision, nearly making me faint. But there were still missing pieces, and I couldn't figure out what.

Meanwhile, Psionio was asking herself other questions. "My instincts are guiding me to do something," she murmured slowly. "But I'm not sure what it's going to do..."

"Take the risk, Psionio," Aerial recommended. "We definitely need some help here. In case it fails, everyone, keep yourwoerrs ready!"

As soon as everyone had gathered a huge sphere of the natural elements to defend themselves, and Teleto had positioned himself high above the school, Psionio curled her hands in a strange motion. For seconds, nothing happened. It was then a strangled grunt tore through Psionio's lips, followed by a bright shine.

When it subsided, we gasped. The force field had dissolved—but now, each person was wrapped in the same-coloured aura. And when Gemini took a strike at it, it deflected the blow, sending it ricocheting away.

As the loud smash of the bolt into a nearby building resounded in the clearing, and the bright, blazing flames clouded my vision, the same word echoed through my mind. Distraction. And with that evolution, my plan finally pieced itself together.