The Perfect One (New Feelings Pt. 4)

Janet POV
"That was quite a match!" Edgar said as we exited the arena and headed to the BioCafe.

After we had sat down and ordered our food, Edgar took a trip to the bathroom. It was then that a girl suddenly came over to our table.

"Hi, Fang! You may recognise me as your old neighbour!" a familiar voice said.

Staring at the person, I screamed swear words mentally. "Seriously, her? She's gonna try to convince me to date him again..."

Sure enough, Addie asked, "Janet, could you come to my table?"

Reluctantly, I walked over to her table. I wasn't listening to what she said, but I assumed she wanted to confirm something, because she said at the end, "I'll text you later in the evening to check!"

I stalked back to my table and Fang immediately asked in a concerned tone, "Hey, Janet...are you okay? It seems like she was bothering you..."

"Um...no! She was just telling me that um...someone...she liked...doesn't return her crush!" I mumbled nervously, worried he had overheard our conversation.

Luckily, he replied, "Oh. I'm sorry for her. I can imagine how disappointing that must be." The look on his face made me wonder as if he wanted to comfort her and I couldn't help but think, "Fang is so sweet...he would make the perfect boyfriend..."

Suddenly, Edgar returned to the table and gave me a scare when I heard a chair being dragged. He asked casually, "So, what are we talking about?"

Fang POV
It was nighttime and Janet had gone to take her shower. Suddenly, her phone beeped with a call and I decided to help her answer to tell the person that she was unavailable.

Little did I expect, it was instead a message. And the only contents of the message were, "So, Janet, have you confessed your feelings for Fang?"

I stared at it with wide eyes. Janet had feelings for me? Or could the message be something else?

"Ok, stop thinking about this! What is wrong with you?" I yelled in my mind. "Think of other things. Flowers, cakes, the stars..."

But for some reason, my mind kept on straying to a picture of Janet and I as a couple. Then, I thought about how kind, sweet, smart and pretty Janet was.

I had been waiting for the perfect girlfriend, rejecting every girl that wanted to date me. I believed that they weren't the perfect person for me.

But was Janet the perfect one?