Deceptions (Protection Pt. 8)

Fang POV
"Teleto, Golden Dragon, teleport to Byron's office. Find the Kyroire and try to understand how Golden Dragon's power of illusion works. After that, come back to us," I commanded through the Transmission, straining to fend the enemies off."Meanwhile, Hydro, Pyral, get ready to use your powers. You need to distract those enemies for a while. Psionio, protect us with your force field as long as you can. And Moonshot, you need to be bait."

"Ok, Astro, I hope you know what you're doing," Teleto murmured as he pulled Golden Dragon through the portal, which closed with a blinding flash of light. Meanwhile, the rest of us began to strike back as Psionio readied a huge ball of energy. We were going to need it very soon—because there was no way we could hold off so many villains for much longer.

"Please hurry, guys..." I muttered a silent prayer.

Sandy POV
"The Kyroire!" I exclaimed, grabbing the book on Byron's desk. I scanned the ancient American book, which was already flipped to the pages about Gorog. As my eyes ran down the lines, I noticed a couple of words at the bottom.

"Mirage. Use 'deception' to call out, but will disappear when someone touches it," I speed-read. "Okay, Teleto, we're ready!"

As we jumped through the portal once again, Astro clenched his fists and said, "Good, you're here. Time to put this plan in action."

Fang POV
"Tokki, Jaek-o, unify!" Hydro and Pyral's calls rang out clearly—unparalleled by Golden Dragon's whisper, "Deception!"

As Hydro and Pyral merged into the hero Hydral, they yelled, "Hydro-blaze!"

A humongous water-fire tornado whirled up, and screams and shouts rang out as the villains were swirled into the giant mess. Flames buffeted at us, and water soaked us as the magical force whirled at lightning speed.

"Hurry, Astro, we don't have much time before we wear out!" Hydral grunted.

I dodged behind a large fern, smiling as Golden Dragon slammed his tail against the ground. Teleto had opened another portal that would bring me directly behind Protector, who was snarling with rage and shooting thousands of weapons at us.

"Fulmination!" I whispered as Moonshot leaped towards the villain, then pretended to tumble and fall. "Argh!" he faked a yell. "I hurt my knee!"

Just as we guessed, Protector's face lit up with a grin as he leaped towards Moosnhot and grabbed Evex. Feeling a bit worried at the sight of the fearful Kyra, I told myself, It's okay. We will save him. And Byron.

"Oh, Polystar!" Protector called into his purplish-blue aura. "Got the Kyra of Darkness for you! You said that one was the one you wanted, right?"

"Now!" Golden Dragon and Teleto cued me as Teleto too murmured, "Second Chance!"

I leaped into the sea of turquoise, landing right behind Protector. He whirled around, a dagger in hand, but his worried features twisted into calmness as he looked at me.

"Polystar, here is the darkness Kyra!" Protector said chirpily, extending his hand to mine. My eyes narrowed with triumph as I stabbed my Fulmination sphere into his hand, returning to my original self as the mirage melted away.

"But...you...were Polystar!" Protector gasped in shock, his frame frozen.

"Nope!" I answered, a little too arrogantly. "It was an illusion, silly!"

As Protector's eyes narrowed with black hate and he tried to gnash his teeth, I slammed my bolt into his glasses, sighing in relief as a familiar avinia fluttered away, only to be caught by Hydral a second later.

"Balance!" I yelled. Never had I felt so happy saying that—we had beaten the deadliest villain ever. And as a giant stream of yellow exploded and enveloped the Biodome, rushing all the villains out of sight, a glimmering, "F" materialised in the sky.

"No!" Polystar's voice rang out from the entrance of the dome, making us flail to cover our ears. "How did you manage to defeat him!"

"It's simple, Polystar. We will always protect our Guardian, no matter what! And now, we will take your Kyra back!" I snarled, steely determination set in my eyes.

But at the last minute, someone grabbed Vinjo, who was hovering beside Vikana. And as bright flash occured a second later, I didn't have to see to know what had happened.

"You'll never get your hands on her, Astro. Not while I'm still here," the familiar voice of Lodestar returned as he carried Vikana and leaped away.

"Master, are you okay?" I reached for Byron as I realised chasing them was pointless.

"Yes, I am," Byron mumbled as he rubbed his head. "But what happened?"

"Well, you got aviniatized into the most powerful villain ever, and nearly defeated us, causing us to nearly lose. Which reminds me, Master! I haven't given either you or Larcener the Magical Charm! I'll have to find her later..." I realised. Detransforming quickly, I fed Gimmi before I called, "Creation" and summoned a magical charm, passing it to Byron.

"Now that Lodestar and Vikana know my identity, I can't be the Guardian anymore, heroes," Byron told us sadly. "I'll still mentor you from the shadows, but for now I have to go into hiding. And I'm proud to declare that Fang, you'll be the new Guardian as of now."

Penny POV
"I'm sorry, Penny," Lodestar's voice echoed with grief. "I risked your safety yet again, and all for nothing."

"Not for nothing," I corrected him weakly. As I tried to lift up a thick bound book, Lodestar gasped as he recognised the symbol.

"The American Kyroire," he mumbled in disbelief.

"Yes," I said flatly. "Now, you can finally cure Lyrii and return her to her powerful self once again."

A/N 9:
Mind-blowing plot twists! After the events of Larcener and Protector's aviniatizations, Byron shall no longer remain as guardian, and the responsibility has been passed to Fang! As he enters a new world of challenges, he must make sure that he does his best as a Guardian. And now that Lyrii can be cured, her recovery promises worlds of chaos! As the heroes struggle with this new trouble, what will happen in this never-ending war?