Performance (Ceremony Pt. 1)

Fang POV
The ushers rushed us to our seats the moment we entered the auditorium. I was sitting beside Janet, but Colette was four rows above me and Edgar was ten columns away from me, right where the 7th Graders met the 6th Graders. He was sitting beside a kid with a chameleon hoodie.

"Welcome to Brawltopia High! For those who have not sat down, please take your seats." the principal's voice boomed across the room.

A huge spotlight lit up the Center stage, casting a glimmering blue glow on the old man who stepped into the light. Gale, our principal, cheered, "We are here for a new year at BHS! For the juniors who do not know me, I'm Mr Gale, your principal for the next seven years! And now, I would like to welcome you guys, and the rest of you, to our school!"

A huge fanfare played and we watched as brawler after brawler performed multiple tricks. Mdm Rosa used multiple vines to throw and catch herself and the students laughed as they watched 8-Bit cry and cry after losing many arcade games. They saw Mandy screaming at Chester for stealing her sweets, Buzz flying in many directions with his super and Belle pretending to steal money from Sam.

After a wonderful performance, all of us lined up outside to watch the fireworks that lit up the sky. I stole a glance at Janet and saw her in awe, her eyes shining with the light of the fireworks. I turned and saw Edgar talking to the chameleon-hoodied boy. I wondered what they were talking about......

Edgar POV
I was enjoying the show when the chameleon boy beside me leaned over and whispered to me, "I've seen this fireworks show five times, and I'm still surprised by it every year."

I laughed and turned to him, admitting, "I've seen this for six years and I still love it!"

The boy was shocked. "You're Edgar!" he cried. "Hi, I'm Leon. I'm a big fan of yours. Wanna be friends?"

I was stunned for a moment, but I quickly agreed. "Why not?"

"You wanna hear something that I betcha didn't know?" Leon asked.

"What?" I asked curiously.

"Well, I've seen a lot of girls fangirling about you and Fang, the other popular guy in school. They like you guys!" Leon said, smiling teasingly.

I blushed fiery scarlet, then I noticed something as I looked away. "I'm not the only one with admirers..." I laughed, nodding my head towards a group of girls gawking at Leon—not subtly.

Leon flushed and turned his back to them. "So you wanna grab lunch sometime?" he asked, changing the subject.

"Oh, ok! But I need to check my timetable first to see whether it corresponds with yours. Let's meet when we get it later. What's your room number?" I asked.

"Oh, it's 9-106. All the way at the right end of the Amethyst Tower." Leon replied.

"Great! My room is 10-72. I'll come and find you when I can!" I said.

Meanwhile, Janet and Fang were taking a little stroll in the light of the fireworks...