Chances (Protection Pt. 2)

Fang POV
I had just settled down to the table with the rest when a chilling laugh echoed across the courtyard, resonating randomly. The voice whispered, "Heroes, where are you? Come out and play with me!"

"Oh, crap...just when we were going to enjoy a nice dinner. Gimmi, bring the storm!" I commanded.

"Show yourself!" I shouted into the darkness as the six of us thudded onto the roof of a nearby building, with Teleto camouflaged in the bushes below.

"Patience, Astro. Wait a while," responded the chilling voice.

All of us grouped together, ready to face any threat that came to fight us. But nothing appeared until a shriek rang out, and we turned to see Pyral collapsed on the floor, clutching her chest.

A villain suddenly appeared in the middle of nowhere, her hands aflame. A fire symbol arced across her vest, glowing as she shouted, "Everblaze!" and slammed her hand against the building. It exploded in flames, throwing us back.

"Don't play with fire!" Pyral warned, readying her hands to strike back. But no orangey flames appeared in her hands and Pyral gasped, "Guys, she stole my powers!"

"I'm not she, I'm Larcener!" The villain reappeared yet again beside Hydro, whipping out a giant fiery blade and smashing it into Hydro's arm. Hydro screamed and held her arm as Larcener shouted, "Hydrokinesis! Hydro-bonds!"

Thick ropes wrapped around Hydro's waist, pulling her towards Larcener. Luckily, Teleto rewinded before anything could happened.

"Careful, Pyral—Larcener came from there earlier!" I warned, hurling a few bolts of lightning towards that direction.

"How are we going to defeat this villain if we can't even see her and she takes our powers with just a touch?" Psionio questioned, blasting Pulses everywhere.

"Actually, I may have an idea," Hydro murmured. "Cover my side for a while, guys! Hydrokinesis, Hydro-puddle!" She raised her palm to the air, forming a giant ball of blue above our head. Soon it was at least fifteen times the size of a human, and she slammed it down, enveloping the whole clearing in water. "Transmission!"

"Larcener may be invisible, but she can't float!" Hydro transmitted as she pointed at where invisible feet were splashing in a puddle.

Suddenly, there was a swishing sound as something invisible flew towards us. "An arrow!" I realised too late as Moonshot was struck. A giant black sphere formed just as Teleto rewinded yet again.

The third time, Golden Dragon stopped Hydro from wasting her Hydrokinesis by transforming into a Water Dragon and covering the whole area in water.

"We have to remove the thing that turns her invisible!" I struggled out as Teleto rewinded for the sixteenth time.

"But what is it? We can't even see any baggage on her!" Pyral countered.

"Actually, I have a plan..." I began.

Penny POV
"Good job, Vikana!" Lodestar praised. "Thanks to Stealth, they haven't even realised that Larcener is wearing a bracelet that holds the avinia! And even when they do, they will think it's the Vika and just toss it to their time-rewinding companion, helping Larcener to find where he's hiding! Then there will be no more second chances for them..."

"Great plan, Lodestar..." I answered as we glanced at the screen that displayed what the aviniatized villain saw. "Larcener will finally do what the others couldn't, and defeat these annoying heroes once and for all! Then you shall have your wish..."