Decision (Protection Pt. 3)

Fang POV
As I whispered my plan through Hydro's Transmission, everyone grinned and said, "Great plan, Astro! Now we can find Larcener's avinia and Vika!"

"Water Dragon!" Golden Dragon shouted, enveloping the whole clearing in water and melting the snow.

"There!" I pointed at two feet splish-sploshing behind Psionio.

"Hydro-glue!" Hydro screamed as she wheeled around at lighting speed, slamming against Larcener with brute force. "Gotcha!" she smiled as the villain shrieked and tumbled into a puddle of melted snow.

As the villain struggled to get up, she was now fully visible and covered in white glue. It was time to make our big move.

"Fulmination Bolt!" I shouted, hurling the giant boomerang towards Larcener and clenching my fists triumphantly as she dodged leftwards, just falling into Psionio's dome of energy. Quickly, I detransformed to feed Gimmi.

"Larcener, you've lost!" I snarled, stretching out my hand. "Give us your aviniatized object."

But the smile stayed on Larcener's face—and in seconds, we found out why. The villain slammed her hand against the force field, and we gasped in horror as it melted away, slinking into her glove.

"You'll never get it!" she laughed evilly as she hurled force fields towards all of us. As Psionio stretched out her hands, she realised, "I can still fire my Pulses! It must be because she only touched my Pulse Field."

Trying to salvage as much of the situation as she could, Hydro tossed a stream of water towards Larcener, who nearly missed it except for her left arm. As she fell, a bracelet tumbled from her hand, rolling towards Teleto.

"That must be the Vika!" Hydro yelled. "Keep it safe, Teleto!"

As Teleto picked up, a mysterious grin spread across the villain's face. Too late, I realised what she was going to do.

"Yes!" she shouted as she arced towards Teleto and slammed her hands across his chest. "Voyage!"

"Oh no!" I gasped. "We only have one last chance to defeat Larcener! And she's even more powerful than before!"

"The aviniatized object has to be her glove! Each time she takes our powers it seeps into that!" Hydro noticed as we dodged Larcener's attacks that came from every direction.

Pyral's scream rang out as an arrow sliced into her arm, stripping her powers from her.

"Yes!" Larcener cackled, her suit now dotted with turquoise portals and orange flames. "Everblaze, Voyage, combine!"

A huge portal opened in the sky, with flames erupting from its core.

"Heroes, if you don't give me your Kyras, this fire will burn the whole school down!" Larcener shouted.

"Oh no, not now!" Hydro muttered as she detransformed. Luckily, Golden Dragon, Moonshot and Psionio were still fighting bravely. Golden Dragon was hovering in the sky, blasting icy breath at the flames to extinguish them while Psionio was struggling to immobilise Larcener along with Moonshot.

"We have only one option left," I murmured nervously. "But this power is so volatile and unpredictable, I'm not sure what will happen."

"Try it. If not we'll all be doomed," Psionio shouted over the storm, collapsing a second later. Larcener had taken her powers as well, and was now ready to take on Golden Dragon and Moonshot.

"Well...here goes...Creation!!" I roared, thinking nervously as I watched the yellow sphere above me shake. I needed something special to defeat Larcener. But what? I only had one idea—to entrust my fate to the universe.

"Lucky Charm!" I yelled, my features twisting in confusion as a pot of glue and masking tape fell into my hands.

"What are you going to do with that, Astro?" Hydro asked, sounding equally confused.

"I...I...don't know," I admitted, glancing around at the clearing where our friends had collapsed. Only Golden Dragon and Moonshot were left in the battle; even Moonshot was about to transform back very soon. "But I know I'll figure it out."

And suddenly, with that boost of confidence, seven things lit up with the colour of lightning: Janet's hands, Larcener's hands and mouth and the items I had gotten.

"I have a plan!" I transmitted. "But Hydro, you'll have to be bait. And if we don't time it properly, something bad may happen. And...I could never forgive myself it that happened."

Hydro looked a bit worried, but her eyes set with steely determination as she stared at Pyral, Teleto and Psionio's collapsed forms. "Bring it on, Astro."