Perfection (Transmission Pt. 3)

Janet POV
"Our plan must be honed to perfection," Astro wrote as Teleto froze the time. "We can't say our special powers, so just concentrate and the power should appear in your palm, or wherever you need it to be, except for Teleto. We also can't afford any mistakes. If Silencer takes us, that's it. We don't have a second chance."

Teleto added, "My Second Chance is lasting eternally since I can't talk, but there's no way I can Rewind without my speech."

"I have a plan," Jessie grabbed another piece of paper. "First, we start here..."

<*~*>

"Finally back, are we?" Silencer jeered with all our voices. "Maybe you've realised the gravity of your situation. And since you can't defeat me, all the teachers shall have to listen to their boss!"

Principal Gale? I thought.

As if he read our minds, he answered, "That's right, I shall use my powers to show the teachers that their principal is supreme! And no one shall disobey me now, or there will be serious consequences!"

A red ball of flame appeared in Pyral's hand; it was time to begin the plan.

I imagined Pyral screaming, "Everblaze!" as the flames raged towards Silencer, who simply dissolved into a cacophony of voices.

I knew it, I thought victoriously, watching Astro hurl multiple Bolts at the villain. Just as we had guessed, he blinked into sight metres away from the flames, where Moonshot immediately hurled his Nightsand sphere at the ground, exploding it with black dust. The villain blinked away to stand between the flames and the dust, not noticing Psionio behind him as she locked him in with her force field.

Ha! Beaten by his own tricks. Thanks to Psionio's inability to speak, she didn't have to make any sound when she used her Pulse Field!

As Silencer blinked in and out of sight trying to escape the dome, I held up a large sign that read, "Give our voices back, Silencer. And give up! You can't win!"

For a second, nothing happened. Then a chilly breeze had us wrapping our arms around ourselves as an evil voice countered, "Or can I?" Silencer blinked into sight, right in front of me. Shocked, I let out a silent scream, swinging the signboard in a whirlpool and hurling it at the villain to protect myself.

That's not possible! Air can't pass through the dome! I thought frantically. How did he do it?

"When I dissolve, I don't become air, I become sound!" cackled Silencer. He definitely could read our minds. "Your little trap didn't work on me. Now, watch!"

Silencer disappeared for what must have been the hundredth time. But this time he reappeared with...

Ephemeral! He went through the force field with Silencer! I screamed in my mind. Oh, why doesn't Astro's Fulmination last until the holder removes it just like Psionio's shield??

What is he doing? I worried as Ephemeral conjured fifty arrows. Then I found out in seconds.

Ephemeral slammed it against a huge wall nearby, sending the students and teachers screaming away as cracks spread through it in seconds. Then the whole thing swung down at the speed of lightning.

<*~*>

Dust had covered everyone's vision, rendering us blind for more than a few seconds. When it had finally cleared, I stared around in shock. So much for a plan honed to perfection.

Rubble enveloped the whole area, stones, dust, jagged pieces of porcelain being the main contributors. There was blood sitting the ground in some places; one person had fainted entirely.

But that wasn't the most troubling thing that I saw.

Because Silencer had captured Astro.

<*~*>

No! I shouted.

"Give me your Kyras or he'll be our prisoner!" Silencer snarled, grabbing his wrists tightly.

No. I couldn't let my boyfriend down.

Then I thought of something. Tokki. The Kyra of Transmission.

Was that going to help me now? How? I had no idea what a transmission would do. And I couldn't do anything!

But I still had to try.

I channeled the word in my mind furiously, screaming Transmission!

At first, nothing came.

And it seemed like nothing would.

But then something did.