Messenger (Transmission Pt. 4)

Janet POV
Everyone turned to look at me as a giant blue bubble flared in front of me. It slammed against my forehead, and suddenly it whispered in my brain, "Select the thoughts that you want to broadcast."

Let Astro go! I tried.

"Let Astro go!" the bubble roared.

Silencer flinched back from the sound, as did Ephemeral. I just stared at the bubble in amazement.

"Transmission!" I shouted through it. Five more bubbles materialised, attaching themselves to the rest of my friends.

"Yes!" Astro roared. In the distraction, he had escaped from Silencer's clutches.

"Ugh...Silencer, get them back!" Lodestar's voice rang through the whole area, where the students and teachers were looking on nervously.

"Everyone, let's recharge our Kyras!" I tried to yell. But I didn't hear it echoing in the air. Instead, it seemed to have been sent to everyone else's mind.

"Yeah!" Teleto's voice said in my mind.

Or perhaps a better word was transmitted.

<*~*>

"Ok, everyone. We know that Silencer can dissolve into sound, so he can escape almost anything. But there is one thing he can't escape," I transmitted.

"What?" Leon asked.

"A soundproof room!" I answered.

"The band room!" Astro realised.

"So, here's the plan..." I told everyone.

<*~*>

"Got you!" I whispered and I lassoed Ephemeral in with water. "Transmission!"  A blue bubble slammed onto Ephemeral's head, then I took it away and pressed it against my own. In Ephemeral's voice, I called, "Silencer, I found them!"

Soon, Silencer came running. "Gotcha!" Teleto snarled, opening a portal below him as I jumped from behind a pillar to grab him. The last thing I saw before we plunged into the portal was Ephemeral struggling furiously, trying to escape his bonds, with Astro standing by his side, waving to me.

"No escaping now!" I laughed as we dropped into the trap we had set. Pyral's hands were flaming, and Psionio had her Pulse Field clenched in one hand. Moonshot had his Nighstand hovering over his palm, and I had conjured a sphere of water, ready to unleash it at any moment.

The black sphere in Moonshot's palm slammed against the floor, sending black dust spiralling towards Silencer. He immediately morphed into sound, trying to escape the room, but each time, we saw a faint outline smashed against the soundproof walls.

"Ugh..." Silencer groaned. "Let me out!"

He unleashed a storm of silencing rays that slammed against our bubbles, but nothing happened.

"No!" he said in despair. "It can't be."

"Check. Mate." I declared victoriously. "Hand me your aviniatized object."

"Never!" Silencer snarled. He held up the aviniatized contract, shooting another round of silencing rays desperately.

"Hydrokinesis, water cage!" I shouted, conjuring a glimmering cage around the villain, who just phased through it. Psionio, anticipating his moves, slammed a force field against the left of the room, cordoning it off.

Silencer could phase out of the cage unharmed, but if he tried to dissolve into the cage? He would be electrocuted.

The Everblaze that Pyral had unleashed spread across the ground, filling the air with the scent of burned wood. Silencer, who had taken his shape yet again, cackled, "You can't harm me, heroes. And I can't harm you. Not a checkmate. A stalemate."

"That's what you think," I smiled, "But there's one more voice you haven't heard yet."

A Voyage portal opened behind the villain, and Astro stabbed him with his glowing hand.

"And that's mine, dear Silencer!" Astro smiled back, hurling the contracts into the flames.

"Gotcha!" Pyral giggled as she captured the seventh avinia, letting Silencer morph back to his original form.

"What am I doing here?" Gale asked groggily.

"I'll get you back to your office, sir!" Teleto told him, opening a portal.

"Balance!" I shouted, waiting for the letter to appear at the ceiling.

This time, it was a V.