A Mind In A Whirl (New Feelings Pt. 1)

Fang POV
Janet and I had just reached the gym when we heard familiar voices behind us. "Edgar? Leon?" I called, wheeling backwards. Janet turned too.

"Hey, whatcha doing here?" Edgar asked as he patted both of us on the back.

"Preparing for the Skills Exam next week! How 'bout you guys?" I answered.

"Us too!" Leon exclaimed. "Let's train together!"

We arrived in the gym and found a room with four machines. We quickly began practising dodging. The machine fired a whole barrage of balls at us, and at first we kept getting hit, but we slowly improved. When we achieved the level we wanted, we moved on to aiming.

That was harder. The machine released a mini robot that wheeled around like crazy and we had a hard time hitting it. However, slowly but surely, we learned to predict its moves and shoot projectiles in continuity. Then, we began a real training session.

The four machines sank into the ground and a huge one popped out from the far left of the room. Its huge mouth opened and an army of bots tumbled out. The objective was to destroy all the bots without getting shot more than five times.

I carefully weaved through the gleaming red shots from the bots and tried to land some of my sneakers. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed that Leon had slowly wiped out five bots with his shuriken, while Janet had wiped out a quarter of them, since she was the only one who outranged them. But she was giving herself a challenge, and stepped closer to the bots to ensure that she was in their range.

Just then, Edgar jumped on a small group of bots and wiped out all ten or eleven of them. I quickly followed and equipped my Fresh Kicks Star Power and zipped towards the bots, eliminating twenty of them before I got shot twice.

Now less than half of them remained and the number was decreasing speedily. Janet had used her leaping gadget and wiped out at least thirty of the bots, incurring two strikes in the process. Then Edgar leapt on eight of them and wiped them out, reaching three out of five strikes. Then, to end the session, I zipped towards them and knocked the remaining twenty out with a chain of Supers, receiving two more strikes halfway through.

"Yeah!" we cheered excitedly. Edgar and I decided to take off our shirts to cool down for a second, because we were sweating like crazy.

Janet POV
I was staring at the machine for a while before I turned around. Then I saw Fang half-naked.

He had a wonderfully muscular physique and hot bod. His movie-worthy smile shone like a diamond as he tossed his hair and herded everyone to the respawning machines to help us recover from our injuries.

"Wait...what? What was I just thinking about Fang?" I screamed mentally. "What is wrong with me?"

Then I finally admitted, "I think I have a crush on him."