If You Could

"Ah, there you are," Magnus pulled Alec in for a kiss as his boyfriend walked in the front door. Alec gladly accepted the welcoming kiss and wrapped his arms around him tightly.

"Sorry, I'm late." Alec gave him an apologetic smile as he pulled back from the kiss.

"It's fine. I was just worried. Why didn't you call?" Magnus slid his hand down Alec's arm to take his hand and pulled him to the kitchen.

"You know I hate to use phones," Alec explained.

"True, but I," Magnus turned to face him again, "hate when my boyfriend is late and doesn't tell me."

"Is that so?" Alec blushed. "You think I'm your boyfriend?"

"After what we did last night I certainly hope so." Magnus leaned in and captured Alec's lips for another kiss. Alec smiled against his lips and swiped his tongue until Magnus opened his mouth.

"I could be okay with that." Alec murmured and kissed Magnus's neck.

"Good because it's already official." Magnus smiled and then opened the cupboard to get them two glasses.

"What does that mean?" Alec gave him a confused look. 

"I put it on facebook and a couple of other places." Magnus poured them each a glass of the sweet wine that he knew Alec liked.

"A book with a face?" Alec raised an eyebrow and rolled his eyes. "Is that a warlock thing or something?"

"What?" Magnus laughed. "No, Alexander, it's a mundane thing. It's where you can talk with friends online. Do you really not have one?"

"Why would I want one? I don't like talking to people in the real world." Alec smirked. 

"True. I guess that makes sense." Magnus chuckled and took a sip of his wine. "Anyway, shall I get us some dinner?"

"Actually I thought I could cook us something." Alec beamed up at him. 

"Eat food that a Lightwood makes? I may be immortal, but I'm pretty sure that would kill me." Magnus swirled his hand in the air. 

"Hey!" Alec grinned but tried to sound hurt. "I'm not Izzy. I'm a damn good cook."

"Fine, I'll trust you." Magnus took a seat on the stool. 

"Are you going to help?" Alec asked him as he got the ingredients for a simple pasta dish out. He found it funny that Magnus kept his fridge and cabinets stocked even though he rarely made food. 

"Nope." Magnus smiled. "But, I'm sure I will enjoy the show."

"That means that you have to entertain me too." Alec said as he twirled a knife in his hand before chopping the veggies. 

"How did you just do that?" Magnus asked surprised by Alec's dexterity.

"I work with blades a lot Magnus." Alec scrunched up his nose at his boyfriend. He loved that he could actually call him that. 

"Yes, but you're also Alec, the guy who fell down an entire flight of stairs after kissing me." Magnus chuckled.

"You saw that?" Alec blushed deeply.

"More like I heard. You were anything but quiet." Magnus stood up and touched Alec's cheek. "It was adorable."

"You're a dick." Alec shook his head but kissed Magnus back when he kissed him. 

"Your meat is burning." Magnus mumbled.

"Only for you." Alec smirked then smelt the smoke. "Shit. Magnus, you can't distract me."

"Or maybe you should let me just get us something." Magnus offered and popped a slice of bell pepper in his mouth.

"It's almost done." Alec motioned for Magnus to go away.

"More like well done." Magnus rolled his eyes and sat down. 

"With that attitude, I'm not sharing any of it with you." Alec stuck his tongue out at Magnus and they both laughed. 

"Fine, while you waste our time making a delicious meal let's play a game." Magnus offered with a happy glint in his eyes.

"What game?"

"If you could." Magnus said. "It's simple we ask each other questions starting with if you could. If you choose not to answer you lose."

"Okay," Alec stirred the sauce. "You can go first."

"Lovely. If you could live anywhere where would you live." Magnus asked him expecting to here him say Tokyo or London.

Alec rubbed his chin and blushed. "With you."

"I would like that."

"If you could paint your walls any color what would you choose?" Alec asked.

"Does glitter count?" Magnus smiled. 

"If that's what you want." Alec hoped it never happened.

"If you could paint the walls any color what would you choose?" 

"Black." Alec smirked. "If you could sing what music would you sing?"

"Who says I can't sing?" Magnus asked with a hand to his chest.

"Let's just say I've heard you in the shower." Alec chuckled and poured the salvaged meat into the sauce.

"Well, that's rude." Magnus smiled. He loved that they had gotten to a point where Alec could be honest with him. "But, honestly probably jazz or pop or the singer/songwriter stuff."

"I think you'd be great at country." Alec said.

"Country? Why?" Magnus cocked an eyebrow at him. 

"Because you can act so dramatic and mopey." Alec laughed.

"If you could be less sarcastic and insulting would you choose to be?" Magnus shot back with a laugh.

"Nope." Alec's lips popped when he spoke. "If you could be free from this place where would you go?"

"The ocean. What about you?"

"I have no idea." Alec snorted. "I've honestly never thought of it."

"If you could be immortal would you choose to be?" Magnus asked.

"It's my turn." Alec complained.

"Are you afraid to answer?" Magnus was equal parts terrified and nervous.

"No, if you had asked me even a couple of months ago I would have said no. But, now I might. I really don't know." Alec admitted then quickly asked his question. "If you could be anyone in the world who would you be?"

"You."

"Me?"

"Yes, I mean then I could always be inside you." Magnus winked. "But, seriously I would just love to have those blue eyes and dark hair. It's my favorite combination."

"Dinner's ready." Alec dished them up food and then set their plates on the counter. 

"Awe, and I was just starting to have fun." Magnus pouted.

"We can keep going." Alec smiled and took a bite. "If you could run away would you?"

"Only if I could take you." Magnus grabbed Alec's chin and turned him to look at him. "Thank you for dinner."

"You're welcome." Alec kissed him sweetly.

A/N Don't forget you have until tomorrow night to post the last part to your Malec Playlist entry. I'll be reading them tomorrow and Tuesday. If yours isn't in my Malec Playlist Contest Reading List let me know so I can add it. Hope you all found this book okay!

Question: If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go? Why?