4. Aftermath

Answer: Dinner

"Alexander!?" Magnus dropped to the floor pulling Alec with him. He quickly dragged him to the hall as the shots continued. "Alec?  Are you okay?"

"I don't know." Alec mumbled. He was so tired and so cold. He needed to sleep.

"Alec, stay awake. Look at me." Magnus pressed on the bleeding wound. There was so much blood; too much blood.

Magnus saw Alec's phone on the ground in his room where it must have fallen out of his pocket. Magnus hurried to it then back to Alec. He dialed and told the operator where to send the ambulance.

"Alexander, please be okay." Magnus continued to press on Alec's chest and kissed his forehead. "I have a secret for you."

"Hmm?" Alec's eyes looked glazed over.

"Alexander, you have to look at me. Focus and I'll tell you the secret." Magnus smiled weakly.

"K" Alec groaned and looked at Magnus's bright tawny eyes.

"I didn't choose to follow you because of that one case. I've been in love with you since the first time we met." Magnus felt a tear slide down his cheek.

"Wh?" Alec mumbled.

"Of course you don't remember." Magnus chuckled even though there was no happiness or humor in his laughter.

"Open the door!" Jace shouted from outside. "Fuck it!"

Magnus heard the door shatter. "I'll tell you all about it when you're better."

"He's in here." Magnus called out and then he was pushed out of the way.

The doctors and Jace rushed away with Alec on a rolling bed. Magnus wanted to go but he saw all of the blood and decided to clean up first. The shooter had gotten away and Magnus knew he wouldn't keep shooting but he still was careful of the window.

He mopped up Alec's blood as he remembered their first meeting.

**** One Month Earlier ****

"Magnus, come on! One more drink!" Ragnor shouted much too loudly and Catarina giggled.

"You both have had more than enough. Let's go." Magnus tried to help them both up at the same time and failed. "Darlings you have got to sober up."

"Why don't you write it inn your little book?" Ragnor teased and Magnus's friends laughed again.

"Ridiculous." Magnus walked to the bartender who was a dear friend. "Raphael, can you make sure they get some coffee and get a ride home?"

"Sure thing," Raphael said but his pause made Magnus stay.

"But?" Magnus asked while waving his hand motioning for him to continue.

"But, I need your help." Raphael nodded to a dark haired man. "Get him out of my bar."

"He is beautiful." Magnus smiled like a predator as the man turned and he saw his brilliantly bright, blue eyes. "What a great combination."

"Sure, he's great. Now get him out."

"Of the closet? I'd love to." Magnus snickered, downed a shot and walked to the man.

"Hello, darling." Magnus purred.

"You're hot." The man slurred drunkenly.

"Why thank you." Magnus smiled.

"I'm gay." The man slurred then shoved his finger against Magnus's  lips sloppily. "Shhh, you can't tell. No one knows yet. They can't know."

Magnus cocked his eyebrows at the man who still hasn't removed his finger. "Okay." Magnus said against the man's finger.

"Your lips are soft." The man smirked then slid his finger around Magnus's lips before finally stepping back.

"Thank you. Why don't we get you home?"

"Home? With you?" The man blinked awkwardly in an attempt to probably wink.

"Sure." Magnus grabbed his arm and dragged him outside.

"Can I feel your lips again?" The man asked.

"Sure." Magnus smiled. This man was wonderful.

The man leaned forward to kiss Magnus then promptly vommited on his chest.

"Alec, there you are!" A blonde man hurried to them. "Shit, sorry. Here's 10 bucks for a new shirt."

The blonde shoved a bill in Magnus's hand as if it could replace his $300 shirt. Of course he wasn't even mad.

"Sorry. Here." Alec ripped Magnus's shirt off then used his own jacket to wipe at the liquid on Magnus's chest. "Have this."

Alec yanked his shirt off and tried to force it over Magnus's head. If he weren't so adorable Magnus would have been pissed.

"Thank you,  Alexander." Magnus guessed that it was his real name.

"Soft." Alec mumbled as the blonde man dragged him away.

"You know detectives shouldn't get drunk like this, Lightwood."

"Alec lightwood." Magnus knew right then that they'd meet again.

Question: Mermaids or Werewolves?