Great Idea Part 2

Alec sat at the top of the building, on the roof that was much dirtier than he had expected. He tried to wipe off his pants one more time before giving up on that. He had more important things to do at the moment. He pulled out the biggest bouquet of flowers that he had ever seen. They were perfect and had taken him over an hour to pick out, much to the annoyance of the worker. 

He shook his head and laughed. She had been so confused by his questions that she had actually taken off her apron, thrown it on the ground, and jokingly quit. A man who called himself the manager came over and actually gave him the flowers for free while walking Alec outside. He had always hated dealing with people but that had been great. He'd have to give people more of a chance than he previously had, except for Clary and Simon. They were not worth it.

"Focus." He commanded himself and opened the wrapping around the bouquet. He picked out a brilliant, blood-red rose and tied it to an arrow along with a small note. "Stupid little girl. This will be perfect."

She had been right about the flowers. Alec had to admit to himself. He had just planned on sending notes, but the flowers would add a whole new element. It was exactly what he needed. Magnus walked out onto his porch and Alec pulled back on the bow. The arrow flew through the air and pierced the wall an inch away from Magnus's left ear. 

"What the hell?" Magnus looked out but couldn't see anything. "Who's out there? I'll decimate you." How could someone have gotten through his wards? No one trying to harm him should have been able to get anything through them. 

"I'm watching?" Magnus read the note and threw the rose down. "Who's watching?"

Alec was beaming with pride as he laid flat on the roof so Magnus wouldn't see him. "He loves it!" He was elated as he shot the next arrow. 

"Dammit!" Magnus leaped out of the way as an arrow hit by his right ear. "What the fuck?" Magnus shouted as after reading the next note. "I'll take your breath away? What kind of threat is that? Also, you keep missing."

"Look how surprised he is," Alec whispered to the bright yellow sunflower. He sat up, shot, and dropped back down.

"I'm so done with this shit!" Magnus flicked his finger to stop the newest arrow, but it flew straight and landed right above his head, barely missing his spiked hair. "You. Great, that's a nice note. Very clear." He shook his head, beyond angry. He was pissed off too. He turned to go back inside when an arrow scraped his hand as it stuck into his metal door handle.

"Ouch." He hissed and licked his finger. He knew that magic. "Alec!" He shouted with such anger and annoyance Alec jumped up forgetting that he was on the roof causing him to fall. Magnus flicked his wrist and Alec, the flowers, a backpack, bow, and arrows fell in a heap at his feet. 

"What is wrong with you?" Magnus asked.  

"Sorry for the nick." Alec frowned and held Magnus's hand. He kissed it. "If you went inside you would have missed the rest of them."

"I thought someone was trying to kill me!" Magnus appreciated the kindness Alec was showing him now but he was still angry. 

Alec chuckled. "If I were trying to kill you I wouldn't have missed." 

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood!" Magnus yanked his hand back and pulled on his hair. "Why were you shooting arrows at me then?"

"Well, I spoke to Clary-"

"Clary?" Magnus shouted. "You told her about this?"

"Yeah, she said it was great." Alec smiled brightly as he finally got up from the ground and shoved the rest of the bouquet into Magnus's face. 

"Ah," Magnus threw his head back, hitting it against the sliding door as the flowers got into his nose, mouth, and eyes.

"Do you like them?" Alec asked, his blue eyes shining with excitement. 

"Yes." Magnus bit his lip to keep back the laughter. Sure, he was mad but he was seeing that the helpless shadowhunter hadn't meant to scare or hurt him, in fact, the exact opposite. "I love them."

"I'm glad." Alec sighed. "It was harder than I thought to pick them out and you wouldn't believe how weird people get when you ask for flowers that have strong stems so you can shoot them at someone."

"I can only imagine." Magnus couldn't keep it in any longer and dropped to the ground laughing. He knew exactly where Alec had gotten the flower because he had run into the worker that Alec must have terrified. She had looked so shocked and scared Magnus was pretty sure she was never going to leave her house again. She had sadly been his favorite florist. "Alec, did you by chance talk to the worker about your idea?"

"Yeah, the woman pretended to quit." He chuckled. "I told her that I wanted to surprise someone by sending notes and flowers attached to arrows. I was going to make a heart around you." He was so proud.

"That's sweet." Magnus pulled on Alec so he would sit down next to him. "Just next time, please, just hand me flowers. Also, never cut letters out of magazines like that again."

"Oh, okay. Yeah, the worker seemed bothered by them." Alec rubbed his chin. "Well, I have one more thing for you."

"I can't wait." Magnus lied and prepared to be attacked. 

"Close your eyes," Alec whispered. He sat up on his knees and forced Magnus to close his eyes by kissing them. 

"This is nice." Magnus smiled and lifted his chin to give Alec a kiss on the lips. Alec kissed him back then bit his lip gently.

"Not yet. That wasn't the surprise."

"Oh." Magnus was worried as he heard the zipper on the backpack and some rustling. 

"Ready?" Alec asked him.

"I think so." Magnus forced himself to not wince in preparation. 

"Here!" Alec said and Magnus opened his eyes just as a fur ball landed directly on his face with its claws out. "Oh, sorry. Dropped her."

"Ouch!" Magnus yanked at the tiny cat who was clinging to his face as if her life depended on it. 

"Here let me-" Alec touched the kitten and it hissed loudly.

"Stop!" Magnus snapped his fingers and the kitten landed happily on a cat bed in his apartment. "That was a surprise."

"I knew it would be." Alec's chest puffed out with pride. "Happy Birthday."

"My birthday is in 3 months." Magnus pointed out, confused. 

"I know." Alec laughed with pride. "Hence the surprise."

"Got me again." Magnus was terrified. If that was what happened when Alec was in love with him, god forbid what would happen if they were to ever break up. 

"I love you." Alec took Magnus's hands and pulled him up so he could wrap his arms around him. "I just wanted to do something for my man." Alec kissed him passionately and with a tenderness that was a rare treat. Magnus loved kissing Alec and craved more even while they were still kissing. 

Magnus winked at Alec after they pulled apart minutes later. "If you want to keep me as your man, do more of that," he gave him a quick peak," and none of the other stuff ever again."

"Was it really that bad?" Alec blushed.

"The worst." Magnus chuckled. "I mean you almost died and you hit me with an arrow."

"That was because you moved and I was laying down while I shot it." Alec shrugged. "But I am very sorry about that."

"Well, besides the kitten being dropped on my face, the arrows, and the creepy-ass letters I loved it." Magnus kissed Alec again. "Now, why don't you go check on that kitten because I have a call I need to make. Then we're both going to get drunk." 

"Sounds great." Alec stepped inside and Magnus clicked dial on his phone.

"Clary, what the actual hell is wrong with you?!" Magnus shouted as soon as she answered the phone.

A/N I know it was a little crazy and Alec isn't actually that stupid but I thought it was fun. Hope you liked it! Also, what are we wanting next? Maybe just happy fluff? Or sad? Sickly sweet? Anger? Fighting? Something else?