4. The Truth

Answer: Chick flicks and Disney movies usually, but for this weekend it was a Law and Order SVU marathon.

"My brother?" Alec asked with a cocked eyebrow. "And the vampire?"

"He wouldn't hurt him." Magnus touched Alec's arm to keep him calm. "I assure you; he wouldn't touch your brother."

"No, my brothers." Lanie rolled her eyes. "I knew I came back too early, but this is hard magic."

"Your brothers?" Magnus and Alec asked together. Their faces were both pale as they looked from the girl to each other.

"Right, I can't tell you about any of this. Um, Daddy, can you make me some hot chocolate?" Lanie flashed her bright blue eyes up at Alec.

His eyebrows shot up and he rubbed his brow. "I need to ah-, um, yeah, sure."

Alec walked away while shaking his head. Had he taken too many hits to the head? Maybe he was in a coma or asleep. By the angel! He sounded like the red head's puppy. Was he finally becoming so crazy that he was like the mundane? That was a whole new low for him.

"This is really happening." Magnus said causing Alec to jump. "Sorry, darling."

Magnus ran his hand across Alec's back. "She does have your eyes and my spunk."

"Ha ha." Alec groaned. "Do you really believe this?"

Magnus leaned back against the counter as Alec pulled out a couple of mugs. Magnus pushed off the counter and got out the cocoa.

"Honestly?" Magnus pulled mini marshmallows out of the pantry.

"Yes." Alec took the cocoa. "Thanks."

"I do. I know it's crazy and doesn't make sense; but I do." Magnus shrugged. "Either that or we're getting played extremely well."

"Yeah, that's what I'm worried about." Alec held out the mugs filled with cocoa and cold water.

"Which part?" Magnus smirked and held out his hand to heat the water with magic.

"Don't use your magic to heat it!" Lanie shouted with laughter in her voice. "You always do that and it doesn't taste the same."

She ran inside and yanked the mug from Alec's hand. "That's why I asked Papa."

"I don't think she's playing us." Magnus chuckled.

"Of course not." She jumped up onto a stool and heated the mug of cocoa herself. "Now we need to talk about how to get my brothers back."

"Right." Alec took a deep drink of his cocoa.

"What happened?" Magnus asked.

"Well, we were playing Arrow-" She stopped to suck a marshmallow out of her mug.

"Playing Arrow?" Alec asked, confused.

"Yeah, it's your favorite show. We pretend we're them. It was my turn to be Arrow. I'm not as good as you, but I try really hard."

"I'm sure you do, baby." Magnus smiled and held her hand. "Why don't you get back to telling us about your...brothers?"

"Well we were playing and I climbed up into the tree with Daddy then Max screamed. Next thing we knew they were gone. Both of them were gone." Lanie frowned and hid her face in her hands.

"Lanie, you little brat!" A sharp, annoyed voice cut into the moment instantly. Alec pulled out his stele and Magnus raised his hand.

"We told you not to. Max showed you that spell so you could go see the dinosaurs, not Dad and Pop." A dark haired young man walked into the kitchen and Lanie sank in her seat.

"Rafe, I had to see them. I wanted to know what they were like before." Lanie whispered.

"Who the hell are you and what are you doing in my house?" Magnus asked with fire in his voice.

"Not now Pop. Lanie, come with me. Max is waiting on the balcony." Rafe held out his hand.

"She's not going anywhere until you explain what's going on." Alec stepped in front of the young man.

"Dad, stop okay. I know you're protective and that's great, but right now I need to get my brat of a little sister home before you kick my ass all the way to Pop's dad."

"Dad? Pop?" Alec glanced at Magnus.

"Yes, now make like a mundane and shut up."

"What does that even-" Magnus joked then froze when a blue young man walked in with white horns. He was a warlock.

"Max, I told you to stay outside." Rafe groaned. "Wipe them. Lanie, you're so grounded. Pop and Dad are pissed. They're going to take away your unicorn for a whole day. Cause that's enough punishment for possibly messing up the whole timeline."

"Well, she is their little princess." Max smiled and picked up Lanie while Magnus and Alec stood completely frozen. "And you know we've done worse."

"But this?" Rafe shook his head. "Give me Lanie. Wipe them and I'll get her outside."

"Okay." Max handed their little sister to Rafe.

"It's just like when Papa held Daddy's fake funeral. I just wanted to see for myself how they started. It was a joke." Lanie whispered.

"Pop is old and crazy. He has an excuse, little girl you're just a brat." Rafe ruffled his little sister's hair.

"It's done." Max whispered and wrapped his arms around them.

"Magnus?" Alec groaned, holding his head. "Did you hit me with an ax or car?"

"Shhh..." Magnus groaned back. "Not so loud."

"Shit, I think I'm dead." Alec hissed when Magnus touched Alec's forehead.

"Ah, that's better. Thanks." Alec sat up. "I had the strangest dream."

"Really?" Magnus smirked. "Was it kinky?"

"No, definitely not." Alec shook his head trying to hold onto the dream but it was long gone. 

Question: If you could travel in time when and where would you go? Why?