4. The Circle

Answer: I agree with Matt and Alberto writing them. Isaiah and Kat would read them and I bet Matt's name would be "Where Do I Put My Name?" or some other tech fail like that haha!

"Alec, I've found a way into the organization," Jace said and Alec forced himself to focus on his partner. It had been a week since he met with Magnus. It was getting harder to lie to everyone but he had to for their protection.

"Jace, you can't pretend to be a hooker again. I'm going to start believing that you actually do it as a side job." Alec patted his partner's shoulder and smirked.

"Ass. You know you would have paid for even a half hour with me. But, really I have a way." Jace stopped chuckling and gave Alec a serious look. 

"Fine. What's your idea?" Alec played with the pens on his desk, a nervous habit that he had thought was gone, but this week everything was getting organized perfectly.

"I join it." Jace shrugged as if he was ordering a pizza rather than offering to join a crazy cult like crime family that killed people for even looking like a snitch.

"No way in hell are you doing that." Alec logged into his computer and opened up a file. He turned the screen so Jace could see it. "That will be you."

"I'm smarter than Raj." Jace groaned and looked away from the bloody mess that used to be one of their agents. 

"Sure you are, but you're also an idiot." Alec closed the page. "And, they know who you are."

"Well, I'm not seeing any other options." Jace shook his head and ran his fingers through his blonde hair. 

"Simple, Alec will go." Luke smiled at him and winked. "He's intelligent, nobody knows who he is, and he has a connection."

"Sir?" Jace shouted with exasperation. "We're not sending him in."

"Your girlfriend will be fine, Wayland. He's tough and like I said he has a connection." Luke dropped a file on Alec's desk. "I've already put the paperwork through. Only the 3 of us can know what's going on. Read the files then burn them or eat them or whatever the fuck you want to do with them."

"Yes, sir." Alec nodded.

"What connection?" Jace hissed as Luke walked away.

"Guess I'll find out." Alec lied. He knew exactly what was going on. He and Magnus had come up with the plan together after he had patched Alec up.

"This is bullshit." Jace declared and looked around to make sure no one was around. "We both know that I'm better at undercover unless it's an accounting firm, I mean, you're stiff enough for them."

"Good one." Alec rolled his eyes and opened the file to take a peek. "Guess I'm going now. Make sure to feed the cat."

"We don't have a cat." Jace gave him an annoyed look.

"Right, I want a cat I think. Maybe when I get back." Alec stood up and grabbed Jace's shoulder. "I'll be okay. I promise."

"I don't like this. Don't forget Miami." Jace gave him a knowing look and Alec smiled.

"I'd never forget Miami." Alec gave him a final reassuring smile and left the office. He was about to turn the corner to get to the parking garage when someone grabbed his shoulder. He jumped and looked into the tawny eyes that he had dreamed of over the past couple days. 

"Hello, Alexander." Magnus purred.

"Hello, Magnus." Alec smiled at him in a completely different way than when he looked at anyone else. 

"Ready for our first date?" Magnus asked as he wrapped his arm around Alec's shoulders and turned him toward the street. "We're taking my ride."

"Promise me that we're making the right choice." Alec let Magnus lead him to a sleek, black car. 

"I certainly hope so," Magnus said instead of making a promise that he couldn't make. "I mean, would I rather just go on a date with you? Yes."

"I'm not gay." Alec stated as he got in the car. Magnus held the door open for him. Magnus leaned down so that he was a breath away from Alec.

"And I'm not a man." Magnus held still for a moment as Alec held his breath. Finally, Magnus stood up and closed the door. He hurried around to the driver's side and hopped in. "Now, how about we get some lunch and then we can get you some new clothes?"

"What's wrong with my clothes?" Alec asked, looking down at his dark jeans, black button up, and black jacket. Magnus laughed then raised an eyebrow.

"Oh, you're being serious." Magnus chuckled again. "You're adorable. Next, you're going to tell me you only have one pair of shoes."

"And one pair of boots." Alec looked at his boots.

Magnus patted Alec's leg, "you poor man."

"I'm not poor." Alec glared.

"I'm sure you're not." Magnus smiled as if he knew somehting Alec didn't. "But, if you're going to be my guest at this retreat then you have to look the part."

"I'm not wearing anything crazy." 

"Of course not."

"Magnus," Alec said.

"Alexander, don't worry."

"It's my job to worry."

"Well, then do it quietly. You're killing my stellar mood."

Alec grumpily crossed his arms. 

Question: Warm or Cold?