Part 5 White Roses - Greyson Chance

"Guess that means I win," Magnus boasted. "I was worried there for a minute, but I knew that I would beat you."

"That's not fair!" Alec declared as his knee bounced. "I have to pee. You didn't tell me until after we started that I'd lose if I had to pee." 

"Sucks to suck, my darling." Magnus had zero sympathies. He had to win. If Alec won there would be no fun. But, with Magnus winning there was sure to be some excitement. 

Alec bit his lip until it bled. "Ask your question," Alec demanded with venom in his voice. He was generally a very calm person but he hated losing almost more than life itself. And life could really suck.

"Hmmmm," Magnus tapped his chin. He was laying on his bed looking out at the sunrise as Alec was bouncing in his desk chair. "What to ask, what to ask?"

"A question!" Alec jumped up from the chair, almost hitting his head on the ceiling. "My turn."

"No, that was clearly not-" 

"Shut up!" Alec was acting like he had done drugs all night. "My turn."

Magnus laughed as Alec paced back and forth with his hand rubbing his neck. Alec ignored him and tried to force a serious, impossible-to-answer question to come to his mind. Alec groaned as he jumped again. 

"Alexander, just go pee and admit you lost. That kiss we shared was perfect and that's all that mattered. If the game is over we can go back to that." Magnus sat up and leaned against the wall, still on his bed. 

"No." Alec shook his head. "That was, um," he was feeling beyond flustered.

"Magical, amazing, delightful, all-consuming?" Magnus ticked the words off with his fingers.

"Stop." Alec was blushing fiercely and could only think about kissing Magnus. He couldn't though, that was a one-time thing. Jace was going to be back and they would need to be able to act normal. 

"Ah-ha!" Alec nearly poked Magnus's eye out when he spun around to find him standing directly in front of him. "Sorry," Alec stepped back, into the wall. "Sorry."

"Did you just apologize to the wall?" Magnus had a grin on his face and his eyebrow raised.

"You too." Alec shrugged. "Now my question."

"Fine," Magnus smirked. "But as you've probably noticed tonight, I'm an open book at least to you."

"Why?" Alec asked. "Why are you an open book to me? Why did you kiss me?"  

"That, pretty boy, is three questions." Magnus held up three fingers and stepped closer to Alec.

"Right. Why did you kiss me?" Alec asked him.

"Because I wanted to, actually I think I needed to," Magnus admitted, shocking even himself. "Why did you kiss me back?"

"Damn it!" Alec rubbed his hands over his face. "I really don't know."

"Na, ha," Magnus shook his finger at Alec. "You know that answer doesn't work. Just give up."

"No way." Alec closed his eyes so he wouldn't have to see Magnus when he spoke. "Because I've never wanted to kiss anyone before, but when you kissed me it was all I've ever wanted. But, I honestly think it was a mistake because how am I supposed to just go back to normal. I can't; not after you. I can't be this though. I can't lose my life yet. I'm not ready."

Magnus didn't say anything and Alec was too afraid to open his eyes. He kept them closed waiting for Magnus to start laughing at him or to slap him, or anything. Yet, he stayed silent and still as well. Alec took a deep breath, turned to the door, opened his eyes, and ran to the bathroom.

"Alexander, you need to come out." Magnus tapped on the door. "Even if it's just so I can pee."

"Fine."   Alec walked out and made sure to not look at Magnus. "Why do you call me Alexander?"

"Ah, silly pretty boy," Magnus caught Alec's chin with his finger and pulled it up so Alec would look at him. "The game is over."

Alec punched his leg. He had lost and told Magnus way more than he had planned to. Magnus stayed there for a moment but eventually, he released Alec from the spell he was holding him under and stepped into the bathroom. Alec could finally breathe again and used that as a chance to run away. He went to his room, locked the door, and curled up under his comforter.

"Alexander, it seems like you forgot something." Magnus sang through his door. Alec ignored him and pretended to be asleep. "I know you're awake. It's literally been three minutes."

"No it hasn't," Alec responded and smacked himself in the face. "Idiot."

"You have to do whatever I tell you for a whole day starting now." Magnus sounded far too happy.

"It wasn't real. I'm not going to be your slave." Alec curled up more as his door opened up. "What the hell?"

"Please," Magnus held up a card. "These locks are merely for show."

"Fine." Alec sat up. "What do you want me to do?"

Magnus was nearly purring with excitement. "That is a very loaded question."

"It's too late for this," Alec complained.

"Don't be grumpy just because you lost." Magnus poked Alec in the nose. "First, take off your shirt."

"What?" Alec's eyes grew wide. "No, I'm not going to do, you know, that with you." 

"Oh dear angel, no, when that happens you'll be the one forcing our clothes off. I was just messing with you. Get your mattress, blanket, and pillow. Bring them out to the living room.

Alec had nothing to say. He simply sat there waiting for the nightmare to end. 

"Hurry along. We're going to make a tent and pretend we're camping." Magnus skipped out of the room and he heard the sounds of Magnus getting his things.

"What next?" Alec asked as he came back out to the living room in sweat pants and a very old t-shirt.

"Is that really what you sleep in?" Magnus was teasing him, Alec was positive.

"Yes, now can I please, go to sleep?" Alec was exhausted and angry that he had lost. They had used their sheets along with Jace's to make a tent with their mattresses inside. 

"One final thing." Magnus patted Alec's mattress that was snug against Magnus's. Twin beds were far too small, Alec decided as he laid down as far away from Magnus as he could. "I want you to tell me a bedtime story."

"I don't know any." Alec groaned and yawned.

"Make one up." Magnus looked like a little kid on Christmas morning.

"This power went to your head way too fast." Alec smiled. He should have been angry with Magnus, but instead, he was mildly annoyed. And even the annoyance was fun.

"I do love control." Magnus smiled back. "Storytime. I'm exhausted and it's already morning. We need to get to sleep."

"Fine." Alec laid down and looked up at the sheet ceiling. "Once upon a time, there was a man." Alec paused, trying to think of what to say next.

"Great start." Magnus prodded him to continue. 

"And he died. The end." Alec rolled over to his side and closed his eyes.

"Okay," Magnus chuckled sleepily. "Short, sweet, and terrible. Next time I tell the story."

"Next time, I'll make you." Alec laughed back through a yawn. "Good night."

"Sweet dreams." Magnus touched Alec's shoulder and his entire body heated.

A/N What is something you want Magnus to make Alec do? I might just be able to throw it in the next chapter!