Tacos...Sure...Tacos

A/N This is part 2 of A New Beginning fyi. It's about the date, so I hope you enjoy!

"Um, what are you doing?" Alec asked bewildered. What he really wanted to ask was: "What the hell is going on and how do you get a sparkly god to let go of your arm?"

"Tell me about yourself." Magnus ignored the question and smiled knowing that his charm would help make the skitish shadowhunter calm down.

"Ah, my name-" Alec froze when a glittery, black finger nail touched his top lip.

Magnus pulled his finger back slowly. "Let's skip the boring details, shall we?"

Alec shocked Magnus by letting out a chuckle. "If you didn't want to know about me why did you ask?"

Magnus laughed and continued walking. "I doubt that you're boring."

"I really am. If you want to talk to someone interesting I can introduce you to my sister." Alec said, feeling uncomfortable under the yellow gaze.

"I'm sure she is lovely, but I much prefer her brother." Magnus opened the door to a bar and waited to see if the shadowhunter would walk in or leave. To his happy, surprise he strutted in with a bit of pep in his step.

"Who are you?" Alec had never met a person quite like this guy. Of course, had they even actually met? He had no idea what his name was.

"You're future." Magnus said as a whisper.

"What?"

"I'm the guy who's going to buy you a drink." Magnus found them a booth towards the back that was secluded. Normally he preferred to be in the middle of everything but he knew that would need to change. Well, slightly change.

"Oh, okay." Alec stammered as a smooth hand slid over his wrist before the guy sat across from him. Alec, honestly had no idea what he was saying, but he just couldn't focus.

"What would you like?" The voice that was becoming far too familiar broke through Alec's not so pure thoughts.

Alec knew better than to admit he wasn't listening so he went with his best guess after seeing that there was already a drink in front of him.

Alec cleared his throat and spoke. "Beef."

Magnus smiled. "I never would have taken you for a man who has dessert first."

"What?" Alec squinted at him. "Beef tacos aren't dessert."

"Tacos?" It was Magnus's turn to be confused.

"We were getting tacos, weren't we?"

"Of course. We can have tacos."

"Why else would we be here?"

"You are a man of simple desires."

"I'm sorry." Alec blushed and frowned. "I did tell you that I'm boring."

"On the contrary." Magnus stood up and held his hand out. "I know a place that has delicious tacos."

Alec looked at it but didn't touch it. He stood up making sure to keep a distance. "Where?"

"My place." Magnus walked outside, turned down an alley way, and made a portal.

"You're a warlock." Alec pointed out.

Magnus bit back a sarcastic response and just nodded. "Are you coming, shadowhunter?" Magnus cocked a perfectly groomed eyebrow.

"For the tacos." Alec stated.

"Sure, for the tacos." Magnus took Alec's hand. "Sorry I need to be touching you to make sure we going to the same place."

"I thought we just have to have a place in mind."

"You say pota-to, I say potato."

Seconds later they were standing in Magnus's apartment. Alec looked around taking in the room. It looked like the kind of place he shouldn't be. A single wrong move and he would be out thousands of dollars. Way to go Alec, you managed to get your clumsy ass invited to a warlock's lair. A warlock with expensive taste.

"That vase is from Egypt." Magnus smiled remembering when he got it. "There was this tomb that was being opened so of course I made my way there."

"Wait, are you talking about King Tut's tomb?" Alec was impressed.

"I called him Tutu, but yes."

"You knew King Tut?"

"Are you trying to ask my age? That's rude, you know."

"Oh, sorry."

"Don't be. I was just messing with you." Magnus chuckled. "It is a fun story though."

Hours later Alec was laughing and swapping stories with Magnus as if they had known each other for forever. It was as if they had known each other. If Alec believed in fate and souls like mundanes did, he'd say that their souls already knew each other.

Magnus was grabbing them a night cap as he prepared to kiss the shadowhunter. He had never been nervous but in this case he was. But, it didn't matter because within the two minutes it took him the shadowhunter had drifted to sleep. Magnus sipped at his drink and kissed the shadowhunters hair before sitting next to him gently so as not to wake him.

"One day, I'll kiss you before you fall asleep." Magnus whispered.

Sorry for it being so cheesy! Haha
Question: What's something you'd like to see happen in the alternate reality that Clary went into? The one where Magnus was shy.