3. What Happened?

Answer: The beach for warm places, The city for cold places (it's so calming and easy to get around), the mountains from afar. I was spoiled to grow up in Seattle so I had all three.

"Magnus, darling, wake up." Alec's voice wafted into his terrible dreams. Magnus's eyes shot open and he looked at Alec.

"Alexander, you're okay?" Magnus pulled Alec against him hard and kissed him. "I thought, well it doesn't matter."

"Magnus," Alec gave him a worried look. "Are you okay? Should we postpone the trip?"

"Of course not, I'm fine." Magnus smiled at him and wiggled his eyebrows. "In fact, I think we even have a little extra time before we leave."

Alec looked at the clock, the door, and then back to Magnus. "Would you look at that? It's almost like I woke you up early for that exact reason."

"You are a Lightwood." Magnus ran his fingers through Alec's hair.

"And what does that mean?" Alec asked with a smirk.

"It means that you usually get what you want." Magnus pushed Alec so that he could roll them over. Magnus used his elbows to support himself and looked down at his shadowhunter. "Have I ever told you that I love your blue eyes?"

Alec chuckled. "It sounds familiar."

"Well, it's still true." Magnus kissed each of Alec's eyelids as he closed them and a soft blush grew on Alec's cheeks.

"Speaking of eyes," Alec whispered as he ran his fingers up Magnus's back slowly in the way that he knew his warlock liked. "Ah, there they are." Alec reached up and cupped Magnus's face in his hands and pulled him down into his kiss.

"Dad!" Rafe yelled at the top of his lungs just as Max screamed, "Papa!"

"Damn it." Magnus and Alec said as one and laughed.

"You wanted kids. It'll be fun you said." Magnus teased as he rolled out of bed.

"Yeah, well they called for you first," Alec smirked and laid back.

"Get your ass out of this bed or I will leave you home alone." Magnus raised his brow in a threatening way. Alec yawned in response.

"That sounds great." Alec turned onto his side. "Have fun."

"Wait a second. No." Magnus jumped onto the bed and grabbed Alec's shoulders. "Don't make me go with them alone."

"Dads!!!!!" Max and Rafe yelled together.

Alec turned to look at him and smiled. "Of course not." He kissed Magnus and sat up. "I guess we should go make they aren't killing each other."

"Probably, but five bucks on the blueberry." Magnus smiled.

"Deal." Alec was laughing as they walked outside. Max leaped into his arms and Alec, who was shocked, barely caught him. "Blueberry, what's wrong?"

"He's lost his mind!" Max cried out and flung himself against Alec dramatically.

"Max, get your ass-"

"Raphael!" Magnus's booming voice but their teen son off mid-sentence.

Rafe ran his fingers through his hair nervously, "Ah, Dad, Papa, you're up."

"Care to explain why we are?" Magnus asked him with a stern look.

"Little horns over there was being a brat." Rafe rolled his eyes at his little brother.

"Rafe don't call your brother that," Alec said and set Max down. "Max, what happened?"

"Nothing. He just went crazy and started chasing me with his stele." Max shrugged.