5.The Other Side

Answer: I'm thinking of driving from Utah to Florida in August so that should be fun! A couple of those states are around there.

Magnus smiled to himself as Alec hurried away. He held back the laughter when he heard a big thump. This boy he was crushing on was one clumsy guy, but it only made him better in Magnus's eyes. 

"But how will I win him over?" Magnus asked himself and twirled in a circle. "I will -"

Magnus's phone cut his thought off. He swiped and held the glittery case to his ear. "Hello, little one. What do you want?"

"Fuck you, Magnus." Clary rolled her eyes.

"Darling, neither of us would enjoy that." Magnus chuckled and twirled in a circle again.

"Don't call me little." Clary hissed.

"Riii-ght," Magnus said as if he had forgotten.

"You suck." 

"Only if he's cute enough." 

"Magnus!" 

"Fine, what?" Magnus groaned. "I don't have long, the new neighbor is hot, cute, and perfect so I don't have long to listen to your mundane problems."

"Wait, you're neighbor..." Clary let her voice fade out.

"Is gay, so he's mine but he is living with his boyfriend. I need to find a way to get into his life and show him just how great I am." Magnus started to pace as he spoke. "I know that sounds terrible. Am I a monster?"

Magnus didn't give Clary the time to respond. "Of course I am. I'm the worst. But, when you find the one don't you have to do all you can to try and keep them?"

"Magnus, you just met him." Clary tried to be the voice of reason.

"You're right. I need to know him better." Magnus smiled deeply, "then I will kick that blonde out of his life in a nice way. Okay, fine I'll at least make sure he knows that I'd like a shot to date him. That's not too evil. Yes, I'll do that. Operation "Get Some" begins now!"

"And what about Raphael?" Clary asked, "he's been trying to date you since high school."

"No, he's not my type." Magnus's voice carried from the bedroom.

"Sure, he has the looks, but his personality is so jumpy and flighty. Plus, he's in no way ready to deal with me. I mean have you met me. I am amazing and he's well, dull. He's all black clothes, teen angst, and bitter sobs while I'm glitter and laughter. If he does try anything I'll send him off crying to his golden boy roommate." 

"You could date them both." Clary teased.

"Gross!" Magnus's laughter bounced off the walls as he imagined it. There was no way. He'd rather get back with his ex, Camille, before doing that. Magnus was going to continue but then he heard a creak.

"Oh, hey, he's going to be back anytime so I better go. Love you, biscuit." Magnus was beyond happy. This was the beginning of a great relationship, one that would be written about and shared for centuries to come.

But, when Magnus got back to the living room he lost faith. Alec did not look happy, in fact he looked pissed and hurt. Had he heard Magnus? Was he angry that Magnus was so judgemental about Raphael? He could be a bitch sometimes, but Alec didn't even know the guy so why would it matter?

"Alexander," Magnus frowned. "How long have you been back?"

"I have to go." Alec dropped the snacks and bolted.

"Alec?" Magnus started after him but then stopped. He must have been back longer than he thought. He knew that Magnus wanted to break him and Jace up. "Magnus, you prick!"

Magnus sank to the couch and wallowed in misery until there was a knock at the door.

"Alec, you came back." Magnus said as he opened the door, then rolled his eyes when he saw Jace.

"We need to talk." Jace said while forcing his way inside.

"Yes, please, come right in." Magnus's words dripped with sarcasm.

"What happened?" Jace asked.

"What do you think happened?" Magnus shot back.

"You screwed something up."

"Well, darling, I'm not sure what I did really." 

Jace stopped thinking and punched him in the jaw. "Stay away from Alec. Do you hear me?"

Magnus chuckled manically and grabbed his throbbing chin. "It's not like you were being subtle."

"Stay away or I do worse." Jace crossed his arms and gave Magnus a menacing glare.

"Don't worry, I'll leave your precious boyfriend alone." Magnus said as he started to think of a way to get to Alec so he could talk to him.

"Good." Jace turned and slammed the door shut.

Question: Where should I go in Europe? I'm thinking next year.