2. A Sad Beginning

Answer: I love so many Christmas Songs!! But, I do really like Rudolph (How it Really Went Down) By Chester See and Santa Stole my Girlfriend by The Maine.

Magnus waved at Alec as he left his apartment. Sure, Magnus could have forced Alec to let him go along. He had said "let's go" but Magnus knew better than to push the poor detective. He was far too perfect and strict for his own good. Magnus couldn't wait to get under his skin; that was why he was sticking around, or at least that's what he kept telling himself.

"Back to bed, I think." He sang to the empty apartment. Magnus slid on his socks all the way to the detective's bedroom. He turned the light off and sank into the perfectly firm and soft mattress. He practically purred when he got a deep whiff of Alexander's natural musk mixed with the basic smell of his shampoo. Who would have thought that such a basic, noname brand shampoo could smell so good?

Magnus slept deeper than usual and without a single dream which for him was more than a miracle. He needed to stay around this guy. Magnus stretched releasing a loud yawn. He smiled when he smelled bacon. 

"Detective?" Magnus called out without even making an effort to get out of bed. 

"You're finally awake." Alec leaned against the doorway with a look that Magnus had never seen from the good detective, a smile. He looked truly at peace and happy from the smile down to his crossed bare feet.

"What time is it?" Magnus reached for the nightstand table where his phone usually was but only managed to knock over Alec's alarm clock. "Shit. Sorry."

Magnus jumped down and picked up the clock even as Alec told him not to worry about it. Something caught his eye and he quickly slipped it into his shirt before standing up. 

"Bathroom?" Magnus asked.

"Yeah, it's through there." Alec pointed to the doorway with a smirk. "I'm glad that I'm not the only clumsy one."

"Is something burning?" Magnus smirked back.

"Damn it!" Alec raced back to the kitchen but to Magnus it sounded more like he slammed into a wall before breaking something glass. 

Magnus chuckled as he walked into the bathroom and pulled out the journal. He flipped through it seeing mostly notes about cases or people. But, something caught his eye. He opened it fully with a twinge of guilt and read.

The noise slowly kills me
But in the silence I just cry
I can't remember who I'm meant to be
Remind me to be happy, someone please

The fear drags me down
But bravery is far too much
I paint on the happy like a clown.
Remind me to smile, someone please.

The pain gives me release
But I'd rather be numb
I feel like my life has been a lease
Remind me how to live, someone please.

The sorrow hunts me like a prey
But joy can be so hard to find
I fail to act fine every single day
Remind me how to breathe, someone please.

Magnus felt his heart constrict. No wonder the guy didn't show much. He had no idea how and he clearly was a volcano getting ready to explode. He read a couple more short poems and little notes. And now he knew his characters back story. He had been right to stay close to this one; Alexander was more like him than he thought at first.

"Hey, what's taking-" Alec's face plummeted when he saw Magnus slipping the book back under his bed. "Get out."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to." Magnus stood up.

"Get. Out." Alec gritted his teeth. 

"Listen, Alexander." Magnus grabbed his arm but Alec yanked his away.

"My name is Alec and I need you out of here. Now." Alec looked more hurt and disgusted than angry which shocked Magnus.

"You're writing is beautiful."

"Leave." 

"What about the case?"

"It's a serial killer. I can handle it on my own."

"Ale-"

"Get the fuck out of my house!" Alec slammed his fist down on the nightstand table and his clock bounced off the table again. 

Magnus wanted to apologize again; he wanted to sink to his knees and beg for forgiveness; he wanted to grab Alec and kiss him hard enough that he would forget. Wait, what? Magnus's eyes bulged as he realized that the last part was exactly what he wanted in that moment. He turned back and marched over to Alec. He grabbed his shoulders and there was a crashing sound followed by a hiss. 

Alec slumped against Magnus as the bullet shot through his chest. 

Question: On a level from Valentine to Sebastion to Camille how much do you hate me right now? hahaha.....*awkward don't kill me smile followed by awkward laugh* *whispers* Please don't kill me...

Also, do you want the next part today?