11. Alone with Him

"Yes, right there!" Alec yelled excitedly. "By the angel, so good. Perfect! Yes!"

Magnus cocked an eyebrow at Alec. "I told you you'd like it."

"Shut up and keep going. I'm almost there. So close." Alec grunted.

"Dude, shoot the guy in the tower!" Magnus shouted as he drove the truck closer to the zombies. "Then drop the grenade."

"Yes!" Alec leapt into the air when the level complete banner crossed over the screen. "We did it!"

Magnus smiled as he watched Alec dance awkwardly around the living room. He especially appreciated when he shook his hips.

Alec kept cheering as he danced around. Then his foot got twisted in the controller cord and he stumbled. Magnus jumped up and caught him. Alec looked up into his eyes with so many unanswered questions.

"Honey, I'm home." An old woman called from the front door and Alec turned too fast.

He fell flat on his face and Magnus burst out laughing.

"Alec, I may be your elder but you don't have to bow to me." The woman said as she walked into the living room. "And who is this delicious bit of eye candy?"

She winked at Magnus and Alec felt his spirit leave his body along with his breath.

Magnus winked back and took her hand. He pulled it to his perfect lips and swiped a soft kiss on it. "Hello lovely. You must be Mrs. Lightwood."

"Call me Lucile." She batted her eyes.

"That's not even your name grandma." Alec said as he stood up after finally untangling himself from the cord.

"Alexander, this beautiful woman can be called whatever she likes." Magnus winked at her again.

"Alexander?" Alec's grandma cooed then looked between them. "Wait, is he your boyfriend?"

"What?" Alec said at the same time that Magnus said, "I wish."

"Ah, I see. Still not ready." She hugged Alec and kissed his cheek. "That's okay baby. But just remember that my son is a selfish asshole so don't hold back on his account."

"Grandma." Alec groaned.

"Wait, is that why you didn't want me to come over? Were you too in the middle of something?" She glanced at the controller cord. "Was that some type of roleplaying?"

"Please shoot me." Alec said as Magnus said, "Yes."

"Between the eyes." Alec touched his forehead.

"Well, it might have become that." Magnus smirked.

"Whatever kills me quickly. Really, anything." Alec pleaded.

"Your grandson is a hard nut to crack." Magnus said to Alec's grandma.

"He is, but let me tell you you're hot and beautiful so he's defintely interested." She said as if Alec weren't there.

"So nobody has a gun?" Alec looked between them. "What about a knife? You child stab me."

"If I weren't interested in your grandson I'd be trying to get closer to you Lucile." Magnus smiled widely.

"You flirt. You better stick with Alec here. There's no way you could handle me."

"Is somebody going to kill me before you cause psychological damage or do I have to do everything myself?" Alec threw his arms into the air.

"Honey, why don't you just kiss the lovely boy already and then I'll leave you alone."

"Seriously? I kiss him and you'll leave me alone?" Alec seemed to actually consider it.

"Of course not. But I sure would enjoy the show and you'd relax a little. You're too tense." She wiggled her eyebrows in a way that grandmas shouldn't be able to.

"Is enjoy it too Lucile. You know I think I might be in love with you." Magnus pretended to fan himself.

"You wouldn't be the first, but you are by far the best dressed.

"Oh this old thing?"

"Okay cool. I'm going to just go drown myself in the shower. Have a nice visit." Alec walked away as they continued to flirt and talk.

Question: What's the funniest thing your grandparent, or another old person you know, has done?