2. Moving In Together

Answer: I have had so many! But a recent one was I hit a guy in the face with a wet mop... It was awkward and defintely not the last time I did something embarrassing to that guy, but hey we ended up dating for a couple of months and now we're good friends. 

"I'm Magnus Bane." The guy said after dropping Alec's duffel on a small, plaid couch in the living room. He held his hand out.

Alec shook it. "Alexan-Alec Lightwood."

"Welcome to the Institute." Magnus smiled and looked from their still joined hands back up to Alec. "Think I could have my hand back?"

"Oh, right." Alec dropped it and tried to remember how to act normal.

"Do you have more stuff?" Magnus asked him.

"Yeah." Alec dropped his backpack against the TV stand. "I can get it though."

"Come on, I'll help you then you can help me." Magnus smiled and Alec swore his golden eyes looked as yellow as a sunflower.

"Do you live here too?" Alec asked him.

"Yeah, I'm in 204." Magnus pointed to the apartment to the right.

"We're neighbors. Cool." Alec smiled and blushed then dropped to the floor.

"What the hell? Are you okay?" Magnus asked trying to hide his laughter because the boy had just crumpled in front of him.

"Yeah, I was just checking the gravity. Seems like it's the same as at home." Alec hurried back to his feet.

"Are you from Mars or something?" Magnus chuckled.

"Of course not." Alec laughed because he could tell Magnus wasn't making fun of him, he was just being friendly. "Neptune."

"Ah, makes sense." Magnus nodded. "You traveled far, if you need a tour guide just let me know."

"Actually you could help me with something." Alec said feeling brave. "What do you Earthlings think about having dinner with their neighbors?"

"Hmm," Magnus rubbed his chin pretending to think hard. "It depends. If they have cool neighbors they love it. If their neighbors suck then they tend to pretend they don't exist."

"And which category do we fall into?" Alec asked him feeling nervous.

"We're leaning towards cool, but I'm still trying to figure you out. How about we move our stuff in and then we can come back to that?" Magnus asked and motioned to Alec's car.

"I have a feeling you just want me to help you with your stuff." Alec cocked an eyebrow at Magnus.

"That too. But, you see on Earth we love to help each other. In fact, that's like the most important thing."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah, and offering them free food." Magnus shrugged. "I'm just trying to help you adjust to Earth life."

"You convinced me. Let's move our shit." Alec led the way to his car. "You don't have a bunch do you?"

"Only what I need." Magnus grinned.

After the 7th load of Magnus's things Alec was sweating profusely and there was still more. Magnus wasn't much better, but Alec noted, his hair and makeup looked perfect still.

"Who in the world needs this much stuff?" Alec flopped onto the unmade bed.

Magnus sighed and fell back next to him. "I may have lied. I have a lot of stuff and I just couldn't part with any of it so I brought all of it."

"You owe me more than dinner." Alec groaned.

"I have video games and a flat screen TV."

"Yeah, I helped you carry them up here." Alec huffed.

"Why don't we eat the pizza that I got and play something?"

"Too much work. Do you have movies?"

"Do I have movies?" Magnus jumped up and dug into a box that was as big as him. "I have all of the movies."

"Holy shit." Alec's eyes grew wide. "How do you have so many?"

"I like movies. I want to do the makeup and character design so I need them for research." Magnus smiled. "I also want to be a lawyer and actor so we'll see what wins out."

"I want to be a detective." Alec said.

"Great, I'll be the lawyer who sends your bad guys to jail."

"Sounds great, partner."

"I have the perfect movie for us to watch." Magnus pulled our Sherlock Holmes.

"I love those movies."

"Me too. We're going to watch them and then we can watch the TV show." Magnus led the way to the living room.

"I don't think we can finish all of that tonight." Alec laughed.

"Of course not, but we can start." Magnus got to work setting up the TV and blu-ray player. "Pizza's in the fridge. Plates are in one of the boxes."

Alec looked at all of the boxes they had brought inside. "We don't need plates, right?"

"Ah, I was hoping you'd just unpack everything to find them." Magnus joked.

"Alec, there you are." Jace popped his head inside. "I got your pizza."

"Is it still hot?" Alec asked excitedly.

"Yeah." Jace looked between Alec and Magnus. "You know this isn't our place right?"

"Yeah, I was helping Magnus and we're going to watch a show."

"Awesome. I'll bring the pizza. I got us some sodas too." Jace disappeared.

"Sorry, is it okay if my friend hangs out too." Alec asked.

Magnus wanted to say no but knew better. "Of course it is. I'll find the plates and glasses."

"Thanks, he's sometimes too good at his younger brother role," Alec said.

"He's your brother?" Magnus asked feeling a bit better.

"Adoptive brother." Jace offered up as he walked inside. "And I'm barely younger."

"Still counts." Alec shrugged. "Magnus you can have some of our pizza if you want instead of having to heat yours up."

"Lovely. Thanks."

"I call the chair!" Jace jumped onto the chair leaving the couch for Alec and Magnus.

Alec and Jace seemed to have a silent argument and by the looks of it, Alec lost because Jace smirked and pulled a piece of pizza out. Alec sat on the very edge of the couch leaving a huge space for Magnus. Magnus took the hint and sat on the other edge. He picked up a box of pizza and set it on the couch between them.

"Let the marathon begin." Magnus pressed play and the tension was forgotten. 

Question: What's a pet peeve that you have with strangers?