Great Idea

Alec sat up so quickly from his bed that he smacked his elbow against his night stand causing his phone to skiter across the floor. He yanked his covers off him and bolted out of bed.

"I have a great idea!" He panted as he thrust Jace's door open.

"Out!" Clary screeched as she tried to cover herself.

"Please." Alec rolled his eyes. "You're no where near my type. I'd rather see Simon naked and the of him as a human being makes me want to vomit. "Where's Jace?"

Clary had a sheet wrapped around her then and was pulling a shirt that was clearly not here on.

"It's backwards." Alec pointed out.

"Why are you still here?" She glared at him and fixed the shirt.

"Jace. Where is he?" Alec demanded.

"Was this your great idea? Piss us all off at 3 in the morning?" Clary yawned then must have noticed the irritated look on Alec's face. "Jace had to go do some rounds or something. He won't be back until the morning."

"It is the morning." Alec pointed out.

"And you're pissing me off."

"Ants. Ants. Ants." Alec grumbled and started to pace.

"Clearly you're not ready to leave. Sit down and shut up about how much you hate mundanes." Clary scooted over in the bed so there was space for Alec to sit down.

"What's this great idea you had that was so important you burst in without knocking?"

"I did knock."

"It doesn't count if you're already opening the door." 

"Whatever."

"Idea?"

"Right. I guess you might be able to help. You're not completely useless." Alec ran his fingers through his hair. "You know how Magnus and I have been dating for awhile?"

"To the utter shock of the universe." She teased, sounding far to similar to Jace. "Go on." She motioned with her hand for Alec to continue.

"I want to do something special for him."

"And what's your idea?"

"I want to plan an attack. I'll save him and then we'll you know have dinner."

"No." Clary shook her head vehemently. "That's the worst thing I've ever heard."

"You're a little girl. You just don't get it." Alec grumbled and Clary kicked him, hard. Alec chuckled. "Fine. Maybe it's not the best?"

"It's the worst." Clary corrected him. "How about-"

Alec cut her off. "Stop. This has to be my idea."

"Men," Clary rolled her eyes and laid back down. Alec gave her a questioning look. "What?" She looked at him with a cocked eyebrow. "If you have to come up with a romantic surprise we're going to be here for awhile."

"Hey!" Alec glared then smiled. "You're probably right. I've been working on that idea for over an hour." He laid back with his head on a pillow.

"Any other great ideas?" She asked him.

"Of course." Alec declared and turned over to look at her. "I have my bow right?"

"No!" Clary shouted. "By the angel, no."

"You didn't even hear the idea." Alec pouted. "I think it's really a great idea."

"Trust me." Clary patted his arm. "It's not."

"Fine." Alec rolled over to his back again. Twenty minutes passed in awkward silence. "A sword?"

"No." Clary groaned. "No weapons!"

"He gave me a bow."

"It was yours already." Clary sat up on her side. "Are you going to give him a weapon?"

"I was going to use-" Alec stopped talking when Clary flung her hand out.

"No." She demanded. "Come on."

"Fine. Flowers." Alec thought for a minute. "I could hide and throw them at him."

"What the hell is wrong with you?" Clary gave him a disturbed look. "Why would you throw flowers at someone?"

"So it's a surprise." Alec snorted insinuating that she was the crazy one. "Obviously."

Clary pinched the bridge of her nose. "Please tell me that you are joking."

  Alec grinned, embarrassed. "Of course. I would lightly toss them."

"You're hopeless."

"You're no help."

"You don't want to hear my ideas."

"You're dating Jace. We both know his idea of romance is looking at himself in a mirror." Alec teased.

Clary laughed. "He does enjoy looking at himself."

Alec laughed. They fell into a more comfortable silence. "How about I hide-"

"No." Clary laughed. "How have you managed to stay with him this long?"

"I have no idea, but I don't want it to end." Alec admitted, back to seriousness.

"This may be crazy but, he clearly likes you for who you are so maybe you should actually do something that you're thinking of." Clary said, trying to convince herself more than him.

"Okay, the the bow-" Alec stopped when Clary smacked him.

"Not with a freaking weapon!"

They both fell into laughter and then started talking about Jace. Alec couldn t pinpoint the exact moment but he was worried that they had actually become friends. This was not right. He wanted to be closer to Magnus, not the little girl.

"Don't worry, Alec. We're not telling anyone about this." Clary said as if she could read his mind.

"About what?" Jace asked as he strolled in.

"Nothing." Alec jumped up from the bed.

"Relax man," Jace chuckled. "I know you're not into her like that also I trust you."

"He needed help with a Magnus thing." Clary told him.

"Well good thing I'm here." Jace puffed out his chest.

"I was thinking of using my bow-" Alec started but Clary burst out with laughter.

"Not the bow!" She declared.

"I mean what were you thinking?" Jace asked him.

"No. No, no no." Clary got up and shoved Alec out the door. "Go with the flowers."

She gave Alec a serious look. "Hand them over gently. No throwing!"

"Fine." Alec and Jace both grumbled.

"Clary, what the actual hell is wrong with you?!" Magnus shouted as soon as she answered the phone. "Also, hello sweet biscuit."

"What happened?" Clary asked him, worried.

"Alec said you helped him with this asinine plan."

A/N What do you think happened? Should we find out? Part 2?