2. So, Now What?

...

Magnus watched as the little dots kept appearing and disappearing. His heart was beating so fast that even as an immortal he was worried that he might drop dead. His eyes flashed to the battery low icon that popped up. His phone was at 2%. He needed to charge it. He tried to use his magic to make a charger appear but he was too stressed.

He didn't risk charging with his magic. This was not the time for him too accidently explode his phone again.

"Idiot!" He shouted as he searched his house for a charger. "Send the text after you have your phone plugged in."

His phone buzzed. He saw that he had a new message from Alec and then the screen went black.

"Dammit!" He chucked his phone at his bed. It bounced once and then hit the wall, before skittering across his hardwood floor.

He took a deep breath and then crawled under his bed to find his cursed phone. He saw it grabbed on. As he dragged it out he spotted a charger. It had to have been Alec's.

"Ah-ha!" He looked at it and realized he had never actually needed to plug his phone in before and wasn't sure how. He fumbled with it for a bit, considered looking up how, then smacked himself because he didn't have his phone to look it up with.

"There." He had it plugged into the wall, sitting on the floor next to it an hour later, breathing heavy. "Whatever he said I'll be okay with it. I'll be fine."

He turned it on and stared at the new message icon. He clicked it and squeezed his eyes shut. He slowly opened his eyes.

Hey, sorry it took me so long to reply. I was trying to think of the best way to say this. I think one date couldn't hurt. I haven't really ever dated but I can try it out. No one can know.

There was a second message being written. Magnus waited. He could feel sweat rolling down his back.

I'm sorry. I understand if you want to take it back. I just can't be out yet....and you're a warlock.

That hurt. Magnus had been so stupid. Of course Alec wouldn't want to date him. Warlocks were disgusting downworlders. Why had he thought Alec would be any different?

I don't care. I just don't want anyone to be mean to you. I'm not um, dignified, or whatever like you. Wouldn't I ruin your image?

Magnus laughed with relief. This boy was amazing. He thought Magnus would be embarrassed to be seen with him. Magnus called him.

"Hey." Alec said quickly, his voice low and husky.

"Hello." Magnus smiled. He had missed that voice.

"Sorry I'm with Jace and Iz." Alec whispered.

"You're fine. How about tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow? I can't."

"Oh." Magnus frowned and they both stayed quiet for a minute.

"Does Friday work?" Alec asked him a bit louder. "Sorry, I had to get outside so I could talk more freely."

"Friday is perfect." Magnus was trying not to jump for joy. "What do you want to do?"

"Isn't the asker supposed to decide?" Alec asked and Magnus could tell he was blushing.

"I mean yes, but maybe you had an idea?" Magnus chuckled.

"Um, food?" Alec laughed and Magnus smiled deeply.

"Food. Got it. I'll plan something. Something that we normally don't do."

"That's a good idea. I've heard that when friends try out dating it's worse if it doesn't work out and it can ruin things." Alec blurted.

"True." Magnus flinched at the thought of it not working out. "We can make a deal. Nothing will change. If we don't feel anything then we go back to being friends. The worst that will happen is it will be awkward for a bit."

"Deal." Alec was clearly smiling.

"So, Friday." Magnus said.

"Friday." Alec hung up.

Magnus was being excited. He leapt up and started rifling through clothes. His phone rang and he picked it up.

"Hello." He sang into the phone.

"You busy?" Alec asked.

"Absolutely not."

They spoke for over 3 hours about everything and nothing at the same time.

"Good night." Alec whispered. He was clearly falling asleep while on the phone.

"Have sweet dreams, Alexander." Magnus whispered back. His eyes were closed. He had wanted to go to sleep but couldn't get himself to hang up the phone.

"See you friday." Alec hung up and Magnus sank into a dream filled sleep.

Daily Malec Fix TwoOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara