1. Power Outage

"Alec, come on. We're going to be late!"

Alec jumped up from his bed.

"What time is it?" He whispered as he fumbled for his phone. But, instead of picking it up he knocked it off the nightstand. It bounced once on the hard floor then slid under his bed.

"Shit." He mumbled and reached under his bed.

"Alec! You better be awake!" Izzy banged on his door again.

"I am. I'm just getting my pho-" Alec's words cut off when he crumbled to the floor. "Damn it."

"Are you okay in there?" Jace's laughter sounded through the door. "Wait. Did you bring a girl home?"

"You're so annoying. Leave him alone." Izzy said, then Alec heard something that sounded like someone hitting his door with their whole body.

"By the angel, Iz. You need to lay off on the protein. You're going to become hulk."

"A sexy hulk."

"Who would find the hulk sexy?"

"Your mom."

Alec opened the door and shook his head at his siblings. "You two are so embarrassing. Why am I going with you guys?"

"Because you love us." Izzy kissed his cheek.

"And you don't have any other friends." Jace chuckled.

"Fair." Alec shrugged and laughed. "But it's not like you have more than me."

"He's got you there Jace!" Izzy held her hand up for a high five, but Alec simply cocked an eyebrow and started walking.

Jace pulled his phone out cursed under his breath. "Looks like we're not going anywhere."

"What? Why not?" Izzy and Alec asked at the same time.

"Because-" Jace's words were cut off when a crash of thunder sounded before the lights all went out.

"Fuck." Alec glanced towards his room. "Guess I'm going back to sleep."

"What? You just woke up?" Izzy complained.

"So?" Alec chuckled.

"At least come eat and play a game or something." Izzy demanded with the sweetness of an offer.

"Yeah, we can have PB and Js like when we were kids." Jace said.

"OMG yes! And we can play hide and seek!" Izzy clapped her hands.

"Or, you two could do that while I sleep." Alec smirked then glanced back at his room.

"No! Go get in your pjs and meet us in the kitchen." Izzy commanded.

"And if you're not down in 10 minutes we'll come hang out in your bed." Jace threatened.

"Fine!" Alec threw his hands up in surrender. "You win. I guess I'll interact with people rather than sleep. I hope you're happy."

"And they say I'm dramatic." Jace teased.

"Well you did fake your death so you didn't have to surveil the park."

"Do you know how many ducks are in that park? I faked my own death so I wouldn't die. It's perfectly logical."

"Yeah, whatever." Alec and Izzy laughed.

Alec opened his door and slid into his room making sure to close it quickly behind him.

"You sure hurried back." A voice to his left made him jump.

"Magnus, you can't do that to me." Alec clutched his chest.

"And here I thought you'd be happy that I was still here." Magnus smirked and took a step towards Alec.

"I am." Alec reached forward and touched his cheek.

"But?"

"But I have to go hang out with Izzy and Jace still."

"And you came to invite me? I'm touched." Magnus smiled.

"Well..." Alec ran his fingers through his hair.

"Don't worry I can just hang out in here."