2. The Psychic

Answer: Chai tea/latte and Raspberry or mint hot chocolate. Mint tea is so good too! I love all of them! Or hot Milo but that's harder to find in the states.

"What did I miss?" Jace asked as he handed Alec his coffee. 

Alec took it without looking up and picked up the loose hair he had found next to the body. It could be nothing, but it could end up helping so he always was meticulous with his work. "I'm about ready to leave. The people who did this were professionals."

Jace held out an evidence bag and Alec dropped the hair into the bag. "You think they weren't just guys?"

"I think we shouldn't dismiss anything just yet." Alec nodded. "But, look at the body. There was definitely more than one person. And the lipstick probably didn't belong to a guy." Alec pointed to the guy's cheek where there was a smug of red lipstick nearly covered by blood and bruises.

"How did you see that?" Jace asked, impressed.

"Since I don't waste time looking at living people I can notice more on the dead. On that note, how is your girl?" Alec teased and finally looked at Jace.

"She still wants to set you up with someone. Her friend is hot. Why don't we go to dinner and then she'll leave you alone?" Jace offered as they walked to Izzy.

"Pass. Iz, run these samples stat, on the down-low. And you can take the body to the lab." Alec told his sister as he secretly slid the two bags of evidence, the lipstick and hair, into her lab coat pocket.

"I'll see you at lunch?" She tilted her head letting him know that she understood.

He kissed her cheek. "Sounds good."

"I told Mr. Bane that you'd be at his place in an hour."

"And I told you that I don't work with psychics." Alec took a gulp of his coffee.

"He's not a psychic and he said that he has some information for you." Izzy lowered her voice. "Don't take Jace. He doesn't like him."

"Everybody likes Jace." Alec raised his eyebrow.

"Only because you act to salty. Now, leave Jace with me and play nice." Izzy pushed the card back into Alec's hand and he looked at it. It was simple, black and just had a name and number.

"Fine." Alec patted Jace's shoulder. "Will you stay with Izzy until she gets back to the station?"

"Of course." Jace smiled. "Have fun with your private job." Jace winked.

"It's not like that and you know it." Alec shook his head but felt a blush rise up on his cheeks. 

Alec got to his car and plugged the address Izzy had written on the back of the card for him into his gps. The address was a little less than an hour away. He wasn't upset, he liked long drives by himself. He turned on some music and took off towards the man who could hopefully solve the problem. 

"Hello, Alexander." Magnus said just before Alec could knock on the door.

"Psychic." Alec gave him a disgusted look.

"I may have pretended to be a psychic but we both know that's not what I am. I'm a Mentalist." Magnus twirled his hand in a circle and then moved to the side so Alec could walk inside.

"Iz, said you needed to see me, alone." Alec stepped inside. 

"Yes, well I thought it would be better." Magnus offered Alec a cup of tea and Alec held up his cup that still had a bit of coffee left. "That stuff is terrible for you." 

Magnus snatched the cup of coffee from Alec's outstretched hand and replaced it with a mug of tea before he could protest. Magnus tossed the cup into the kitchen where it landed perfectly before tipping into the trashcan. Alec's eyes bulged. 

"That's a simple trick." Magnus waved him off. "Now, Alexander, tell me why you came."

"It's Alec or detective Lightwood." Alec corrected him and walked into the living room to look around. "You called me, remember."

"I did, but you've never come before. Alexander." Magnus smiled like a cat that was just about to catch a mouse.

"Right, this case is getting out of hand, if you can help then I have to accept it," Alec admitted.

"Yes, The Circle is a hard club to crack into." Magnus took a sip of his tea and watched the detective. He always looked so stiff and unamused. Magnus had been watching him for over a year, trying to work with him,  but every time Alec shot him down only to solve it himself. He had a way of finding things that no one should be able to. Magnus had actually considered the fact that Alec was a psychic, but really he was just good at his job. He had to be since that was all he seemed to do.

"Tell me what you know," Alec demanded and set the teacup down.

"I can't just tell you right up front." Magnus smirked.

"I'm not here to play games." Alec rolled his eyes.

"Aren't you, though?" Magnus smiled deeply and took another sip. "Tell me about yourself."

"Tell me what you know about the Circle." 

"What's your middle name?"

"Who's the leader of the Circle?"

"What do you do for fun?"

"Who killed the man?"

"What do you like to drink?"

"What did the son know?"

"Alexander, you're not playing very well." Magnus walked slowly in a circle around the detective.

"I told you I didn't come to play." Alec hissed as Magnus touched his side. 

"We both know that's not true."

"Gideon." Alec said.

"Alexander Gideon Lightwood." Magnus smiled as he stopped in front of Alec again. "Come with me."

"Where?"

"I guess you'll find out."

"Fine." Alec followed Magnus through the kitchen to a small door. 

Question: How many pillows do you sleep with?