2. A Very Merry Christmas

Answer: A new teapot with 4 different kinds of tea.

7 Years Earlier

Alec started to jog once he got off the train full of annoying people. Why were people out and about? Wasn't it one of those mundane holiday things?

"Damn it!" He cursed as a middle aged lady bumped into him causing him to trip over a man's shoe.

He hated mundanes. It was days like this that made him wonder why they saved them so often. But days like this also showed him why the animals needed so much help.

By the time he got to Magnus's door he was fuming with so much anger that his hand was shaking when he reached up to knock. He hated being out and about but also, he hated doing it alone.

"Alexander, my dear. What happened to you?" Magnus opened the door wide and stood with his arms outstretched showing off his silky red and white robe along with his red and white boxers. He was even covering his beautiful hair with a hat. And of course he was covered head to toe in glitter.

And when Alec saw that smile he knew he was home. Instantly the anger melted and he practically leapt into Magnus's open arms.

"I love you." Alec kissed Magnus's neck where his face was buried.

"I love you too." Magnus sighed happily. When he first saw Alec he thought he was pissed but to his surprise it was gone. His shadowhunter was not one to let things go easily.

"Come inside." Magnus finally pulled back realizing that for once he wasn't the only one who didn't want to let go.

Magnus ushered Alec inside and closed the door on the winter cold air.

"I'm so glad you could come. I thought that you had forgotten." Magnus pushed Alec down so he was sitting on the couch.

"Sorry, it took a bit longer than planned. There are so many mundanes out." Alec said as he unwrapped his scarf from around his neck and shrugged out of his coat.

"No worries." Magnus snapped his fingers and two big mugs of Peppermint Mocha Hot Chocolate appeared in their hands. Magnus didn't feel at all guilty for the kaluha that he had put in them. They weren't going anywhere so might as well have some drinking fun.

Alec took a drink and winced. "Is there any coffee or chocolate in this?" He laughed.

"A drop or two." Magnus smiled and took a seat next to Alec.

"It's good." Alec lied, badly.

"Don't worry, my Alexander, here." Magnus wiggled his fingers. "Straight up Christmas coffee for you."

"What is that?" Alec cocked an eyebrow and Magnus got lost in thoughts of nibbling on it.

"Mags?"

"Right." Magnus cleared his throat. "Peppermint flavored coffee."

"Oh cool." Alec took a small sip them a bigger gulp when he found he liked it.

"And on that note." Magnus leapt up and ran away.

Alec stood up and looked around. "Um, should I follow you?"

"No! Stay there!" Magnus shouted.

Alec shrugged and sat back down to wait. He did not wait calmly though. He searched his memory for a reason that Magnus was acting like it was an anniversary or something. He couldn't find a reason. In fact he hadn't been with Magnus around this day ever before.

"Merry Christmas!" Magnus cheered as he slid out to Alec on his red socks that said: Santa's Favorite Ho.

Alec wondered who Santa was and if he needed to kick his ass.

"Alec, come on. Open it." Magnus pushed the small box into the confused shadowhunter's hands.

"Oh." Alec smiled awkwardly and ripped open the gift. Did Magnus think it was his birthday? Should he tell him?

"It's a portal!" Magnus clapped his hands. "You can come over without dealing with mundanes."

Alec's haw dropped. "Really?" He beamed and jumped up. "Thank you!"

Alec kissed him. "Thank you so much!"

Magnus kissed him until they both pulled back to catch their breath. "I know how much you hate people."

"Also, here." Magnus waved his hand and a pile of presents appeared on the couch. "There's more. But first a picture."

Magnus pulled Alec close and took a quick picture of the two of them.

"Are all of these for me?" Alec asked. He really needed to tell Magnus it wasn't his birthday.

"Of course." Magnus sat down by them and Alec followed suit.

He ripped through them. There was a black sweater very much like what the one he was wearing used to look like.

"It doesn't have any holes." Magnus laughed.

Next was a pair of black steel toyed boots with gold on the inside.

"So we can match. Kind of." Magnus smiled.

Alec felt too guilty when he got through the final gifts. "Magnus, I'm sorry but-"

Magnus cut him off with the wave of his hand. "Don't worry I didn't expect anything. You are enough of a present for me. You've given me a reason to actually celebrate Christmas for the first time in my life."

"Well you too?" Alec was beyond confused. "Gotta pee."

He jumped up and hurried to the bathroom. Once inside he called Izzy.

"Hello big brother." Izzy said cheerfully.

"What is a Christmas? And what are you supposed to do for it? It's obviously an anniversary type thing but which one?"

"Christmas?" What is a Christmas?" Izzy burst out laughing. "Alec, calm down. It's a mundane holiday. They give each other gifts and argue about life choices or something like that."

"I didn't bring anything." Alec whispered.

"Well you better find something." Izzy said. "Apprently they judge each other on the gifts."

"By the angel, this is ridiculous." Alec hung up and looked around the bathroom.

"Alexander, are you okay?" Magnus asked from the hallway.

"Merry Christmas!" Alec yelled as he opened the door.

Magnus laughed at Alec standing in the doorway with nothing on other than a well placed bow.

"How did you know exactly what I wanted?" Magnus kissed him deeply as a smile played on his lips. He was worried from Alec's reaction that maybe he had forgotten it was Christmas but now he knew it was a surprise.

Hours later as they were watching a movie Alec looked up at Magnus from where his head was resting in his lap.

"Now who is Santa and do I need to kick his ass?" Alec asked eyeing the socks.

Magnus choked.

Question: Favorite Christmas movie?

Once again Merry Christmas! 🎄🎉🦌🎁🎅💗Love you all and don't forget to check out all of the Malec Christmas entries! I'm going to be reading them tonight. Thanks for a great christmas.