1. High School Sucks

Answer: High School wins!

"Move Blondie, or you'll lose what few brain cells you have left." Magnus sneered at the golden boy jock.

"Careful how you talk to me you little bitch." Jace hissed back loud enough for his friends to hear him, but quiet enough that the coach wouldn't.

"Oh no. I'm so scared." Magnus pretended to be scared. "I'm trembling in my boots."

Jace jumped forward and Magnus didn't even blink. "If your father weren't the principal I'd gut you."

"You wouldn't even get in a single insult before you were on the ground begging for your mommy. Oh wait, she ditched you so I guess you beg for her everyday." Magnus laughed darkly.

"I'm going to kill-" Jace's threat was cut off by his best friend.

"Jace, he's not worth it. Come on, let's get to practice." Alec said calmly while using all of his strength to pull his friend back.

"Yeah, pretty boy take your bozos and run along." Magnus motioned to the door of the locker room.

"We'll go but this isn't over."

"I wasn't talking to you, Blondie. I was talking to the one with the blue eyes." Magnus winked and strutted away.

"What was that about?" Jace confronted Alec.

"I have no idea." Alec hurried away to hide his blush. Why did he have to crush on the worst guy in their whole school? The one guy who would never like him? Because he was an idiot; that was why.

"He's an ass." Jace grunted as he caught up to Alec.

"He probably has his reasons." Alec shrugged. No! Do not defend the guy who just insulted and threatened your best friend! Technically Jace threatened him first...but only because Magnus got Jace suspended for sneaking off campus.

"Are you seriously siding with the goth freak?" Jace sounded pissed.

"Of course not. I'm just saying that maybe you can just back off."

"He brought up my mom."

Alec felt a pang of guilt. He was one of the only ones who knew the truth about his mom. She hadn't run off, she had been murdered.

"I'm sorry."

"Good. You can show that by helping me destroy him."

"Calm down Hannibal."

"Hannibal ate people. I just want to make him regret that he's alive." Jace chuckled. "And we start tonight."

-----

"Magnus, you do realize life would be easier if you just avoided the people who hate you,  right?" Clary asked as Magnus walked to his car where she was waiting.

"You're only saying that because you like Blondie's ass." Magnus chucked his backpack into the back seat and got in.

"He does have a nice one, but he also has very big muscles." Clary blushed and smiled.

"Take a cold shower and remember that he's the same guy who got you suspended for sneaking off campus with him."

"He got suspended too."

"Oh then by all means. I'm sorry. He's a saint." Magnus turned on the car loud, angry sounding music blasted from the speakers.

"By the angel! Thanks for reminding me that I'm not deaf." Clary turned the music down and glared.

"You're welcome, biscuit." Magnus ruffled her hair.

"Stop it!" Clary laughed. "I did my hair special for tonight so don't mess with it."

"Oh right, the great surprise. How could I forget?" Magnus rolled his eyes.

"Don't be too excited. It's not like I've spent a whole month preparing for it." Clary's words dripped with sarcasm to hide the guilt. Magnus was not going to enjoy it but it was already a done deal.

Question: what's your favorite part of spring time?