1. Just a Normal Family...

A/N Happy Chapter 100! Wahoo! Thanks for sticking with me and reading my average, sometimes entertaining, sad work! haha Love you all!

"Daddy, why do we have to clean...without magic?" Max glared up at his sparkling dad. 

"Well, um..." Magnus scratched his eyebrow as he tried to think of a good reason.

Alec stooped down to pick up their 5-year-old son and smirked at Magnus before smiling at Max. "Well, buddy, Daddy is an idiot." Alec booped their shocked son on the nose.

"That's a bad word." Max said with pure innocence.

"And not true." Magnus clucked his tongue. "I am wonderful."

"Daddy?" Max smiled and held his hands out to Magnus who gladly took him.

"Yes, my lovely?" Magnus simultaneously sneered at Alec and smiled at their son. 

"I think it's worse to lie than to say a bad name." Max snickered and high-fived Alec.  

"That's my boy!" Alec cheered.

"Now, wait a damn second." Magnus dropped Max on the couch. "Am I to believe that you don't think I'm wonderful?"

"I mean, right now?" Alec shrugged then chuckled. "I'm kidding, you're the best husband a man could ask for." 

Alec leaned in and tried to kiss Magnus who stuck his hand between them. Magnus shook his head and clucked his tongue.

"No way are you getting off that easy." Magnus scolded and forced himself to not laugh. 

"Come on." Alec wrapped his arms around Magnus. "Forgive me, husband. Besides with you, I do get off easy."

"Just because you're being cute doesn't mean I'll forgive you. And no, not anymore." Magnus struggled but only half-heartedly.

"Gross!" Max's hands flew up to cover his eyes. "No kissing in the kitchen!"

"We're not kissing." Magnus responded.

"Not for a lack of trying." Alec winked. 

"Whatever the hell this is, it's worse." Rafael groaned, in the way that only teenagers can as he walked in the kitchen. "If you wanted me to run away all you had to do was ask. Seriously."

"Can I come?" Max perked up.

"Hard no." Rafael ruffled his brother's hair. "So, when is the mundane kid coming over?"

"He'll be here any minute." Alec said without letting go of Magnus.

"And we have to clean...like a mundane." Max whispered. 

"I always have to bro." Rafael said. 

"Your life must be the worst." Max looked like he would shed a tear.

"With a brother like you?" Rafael stopped and looked at their dads. "Of course not?"

Alec gave him a thumbs up. "Nice save." Then Alec turned to Max. "Remember we are just a normal family. That's why Daddy made you look pink like us."

"But I thought we were special and that it's  a good thing. We're not supposed to hide who we are!" Max was gleefully shouting at the end.

"Of course, lovely." Magnus said. "But, sometimes we have to pretend to be normal for mundanes. They don't know about us."

"And why are we fostering a mundane?" Rafael asked, looking between his dad's.

"Papa said it's because Daddy's an idiot." Max said.

"Don't say bad words." All three of the older men said at the same time.

Max flung his arms into the arm. "But Papa said it."

"Yeah, and he's old. He can." Rafael teaser.

"He's not wrong." Magnus chuckled.

"Are you sure you want to talk about age?" Alec cocked an eyebrow at his husband.

"Once you pass 400 it really doesn't matter."

"Fine. Max, I shouldn't have said it. It was a joke."

"That's not nice." Max scolded.

"You're right." Alec looked at Magnus. "I'm sorry."

"You will be." Magnus smiled too big.

"Shit." Alec mumbled. It was the same smile Magnus has given him when he had filled the washer with glitter. It was a smile of plotting payback.

"You're screwed." Rafael laughed then stopped when there was a knock at the door.

"Okay family. Remember," Alec led the way to the door. "We are a normal family. Normal."

Question: What's something mundane/domestic You want to see?