5. Flashback

Answer: Cold, you can always grab an extra blanket but when it's too hot there isn't much you can do to fix it.

"Are you sure this is going to work?" Alec asked as Magnus pulled into a fancy apartment complex.

"It will. Trust me." Magnus gave Alec's knee a squeeze and he was reminded of last week when they made the plan.

---------- One Week Earlier-----------

"Alexander?" Magnus whispered as he bandaged the wound. His friend, Catarina had stopped the bleeding and stitched up the wound in no time, but now they had to see if he was going to be okay. He had lost a lot of blood. Magnus felt the bruise from when Catarina had smacked him upside the head for pulling out the metal before she was there.

"Hmm?" Alec tried to open his eyes, but he was too tired. "Sleep."

"Yes, sleep is good." Magnus wiped the sweat from Alec's brow and pulled the comforter up to cover his shaking body. Magnus knew enough about injuries to know that Alec was probably in shock. Magnus laid down on the bed next to him and wrapped up in his own blanket. It had been hours and he was exhausted.

"What's going on?" Alec demanded harshly when he woke up. "Where am I?"

Magnus blinked a couple of times to wake himself up and he noticed that his arm was wrapped around a warm, yet firm body. He raised an eyebrow at Alec. "Ah," He pulled his arm back slowly. The detective worked out, that much was obvious. Sure, he looked like he did, but now Magnus knew that it was more than a hobby. Alexander put a lot of work into it.

"Good morning, darling." Magnus purred and sat up with a big stretch of his arms over his head letting the blanket pool at his waist.

Alec blushed when he saw Magnus' bare chest but then he shook his head and got out of the bed, only managing to get his foot caught in the sheet and falling face first.

"Shit, are you okay?" Magnus asked with a choked laugh. "I've never actually killed someone with my looks."

"I'm fine." Alec hissed as he felt a sharp pain from his side. He saw the bandage and remembered what had happened. "You saved my life."

"I put you in danger in the first place." Magnus frowned and let his feet fall to the side of the bed so he could look down at Alec who looked like an angel wrapped in the black silky sheets.

Alec gave him an angry look. "So you are working with him." Alec glanced around for his gun which was sitting on the nightstand.

"You can get your gun if you need it but before you shoot me, let me explain," Magnus said patiently. "I assure you I'm not helping the man."

Alec knew that he should grab his gun and run, but for some reason, he trusted the guy. "You have one minute."

"Okay." Magnus ran his fingers through his hair. "I was helping the authorities look for the monster a couple of years ago. At the time I was living with my best friend, Ragnor. He was my family."

"Oh, were you a couple?" Alec asked as he felt a pang of jealousy course through his body.

Magnus laughed. "Don't worry, Alexander. We were just friends." Magnus reached out as if he was going to touch Alec's cheek but at the last moment he picked up the pillow that had fallen with him and held it against his lap for comfort.

"I'm not jealous." Alec lied.

"Sure."Magnus nodded but winked. "Anyway, he was my partner for the psychic business-"

"The fake psychic business. He was a fraud like you." Alec demanded.

"Careful, Detective. I'd hate for you to say something that you'd regret." Magnus' eyes flashed with such malice that Alec gulped.

"Sorry." Alec whispered.

"It's fine. I was a fraud, but as they say, it's bad to speak ill of the dead."

"I'm sorry."

"Me too. He died because of me. Valentine hated that I was a liar and what I said about him. He killed Ragnor to prove that I wasn't a psychic."

"That wasn't your fault. He's a terrible man who kills for the fun of it." Alec sat up and placed his hand over Magnus's which was on his knee.

"Yes, well I provoked him. I wanted the fame and money for finding a serial killer. Ragnor begged me not to do it. Then, after he died I went to work with the man who did it." Magnus looked down at their joined hands on his knee.

"Why?" Alec asked then thought better, "how?"

"Because I'm going to destroy him. I will to take everything he has ever so much as liked and demolish it in front of his face. Then, after he had nothing left I'll kill him." Magnus smiled darkly and for a moment Alec was actually terrified of the man in front of him.

"Were you going to let them kill me?" Alec finally asked.

"Kill you? Of course not. But, I do plan to use you." Magnus' smile turned sweet, but his eyes were full of guilt. "I need your help."

"What can I do?" Alec asked as his mind screamed for him to run.

"Well, I need you to pretend to be my lover." Magnus cocked an eyebrow at Alec.

"Your lover?" Alec choked out and coughed.

"Yes, that's something they'll believe but also it will throw them off enough that they won't look too far into it." Magnus shrugged. "Two beutiful men can be quite the ditraction if used correctly."

"I'm a cop."

"Yes, but you'll be an angry, recently fired cop." Magnus smirked. "I spoke to your boss. He's the only one who will know the truth."

"So, you're telling me that I don't actually have a choice." Alec rolled his eyes.

"I'm telling you that I know you'll say yes." Magnus countered.

"How will it help?"

"There's a meeting coming up. His partners will be there. We find out who they are and we can take them all down."

"When do we start?" Alec asked.

"Next week."

"This will work right?"

"It will. Trust me." Magnus smiled. "And, think about it. You might get to kiss me."

"That won't happen." Alec smiled.

"We'll see."

A/N Just so you know I have a random book now that has crappy poetry and will have other odd things in it so check it out if you want. And, I'm actually going to update my other books this week! haha

Question: What's your favorite meal?